Community Forum

Unable to activate internet after move

Highlighted
New Poster

Unable to activate internet after move

I have recently moved and thought I successfully submitted a move request for my Internet, but I am unable to self-activate my modem – trying to access the self activate link from a different network tells me to call the customer service line, which is useless as it keeps telling me to "restart my modem" endlessly. From the research I have done online, I need somebody at Comcast to reprovision the modem I am currently using, but I cannot reach anybody on the call line. As everybody in my family needs this Internet to attend school and work from home, I would very much like to resolve this as soon as possible.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Unable to activate internet after move

@kevinjihwanlee wrote:

I have recently moved and thought I successfully submitted a move request for my Internet, but I am unable to self-activate my modem – trying to access the self activate link from a different network tells me to call the customer service line, which is useless as it keeps telling me to "restart my modem" endlessly. From the research I have done online, I need somebody at Comcast to reprovision the modem I am currently using, but I cannot reach anybody on the call line. As everybody in my family needs this Internet to attend school and work from home, I would very much like to resolve this as soon as possible.

Do the lights on the modem show that you are connected to the internet?  If not, have you tried another outlet?  The outlet you're on may not be live.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!