Community Forum

Unable to PM since asked to PM employ for info needed to resolve my case, and other assorted problem

Most Valued Poster

Unable to PM since asked to PM employ for info needed to resolve my case, and other assorted problem

Both and have asked me to PM them in order to resolve a few things, but for some odd reason, I now find PM doesn't work, so no way to resolve but to call, something I already said I'd rather not do for reason most are probably aware of.

Or in short, I've been told how to go about resolving my case, but the ability to do so is now unavailable.

Is anyone else having a problem with PM? Would some of you please check to see if you are able to even write a pm? Will ella/shane, can you please resolve that, as some things are best left to PM? It will be a concern for the future, but at this point in time, it's more a curiosity than a necessity, since I can contact ella here with some mild questions and have already filled wih the FCC on the complaint. Unfortunately there was no other vialble choice.

, you told me to PM you on why one of my posts were removed. I did as you requested and checked the rules and though you said there were several violations, I saw none, not one. I had already indicated that would happen, so I asked for specifics. The problem with that, ella, you said I needed to pm you for more info, and as you can see, I cannot.

So can we please discuss that here, so others can take advantage of the information? I feel it would be productive to define the rules more specifically because like I said, I didn't see a single violation, and that alone tells me things will not be clear for others, or even close. I'm also trying to avoid things being spun as a violation by Comcast, but don't break any rules, as  with past attitudes towards the rules, that could very easily happen to myself or others for being bold in helping others and ourselves here.

And I do understand this is a situation no one really wants to deal with, but unfortunately Comcast makes these things necessary. Though a bit awkward due to the circumstances of my having to post this here, I'll try my best to comply with the rules with this post, until I'm sure how they are definred.

If that's OK, my first question would be,

1) Are we allowed to mention the FCC's place in helping posters that are having trouble with Comcast, or is that off limits?.

2) If you do insist we discuss this by PM, am I allowed to bring the resulting content here so others are aware of what presisely the rules mean? Since it does after all, have to do with the board rules, it seems only right clear rules woiuld be just as helpful as the rules themselves. The more think about it, clear rules are the actual rules, while unclear rules are not.

Thanks for the cooperation.

Administrator

Re: Unable to PM since asked to PM employ for info needed to resolve my case, and other assorted pro

@Kenny768,

We apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced with private messaging on the Xfinity Forum. I have since corrected the issue for you. You should no longer be experiencing an issue. 

I am also happy to address your other concerns. 

You can find a link to our forum guidelines in the right column of the main homepage, the category pages, and the board pages of this forum. For your records, here is where you can find all the Xfinity Forum guidelines/rules: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/td-p/2618379

If you would like to know the details of any specific post that you have authored that was removed, I am happy to do so. Simply send your request to me directly via a private message. 

As for your other concerns: 

@Kenny768 wrote:

1) Are we allowed to mention the FCC's place in helping posters that are having trouble with Comcast, or is that off limits?.

You are allowed to mention the FCC or that you filed a complaint with that organization. However, per our guidelines solicitation of any kind is prohibited. This includes telling other users to file an FCC complaint, because you are essentially telling them to perform a certain action, which is a form of solicitation.

2) If you do insist we discuss this by PM, am I allowed to bring the resulting content here so others are aware of what presisely the rules mean? Since it does after all, have to do with the board rules, it seems only right clear rules woiuld be just as helpful as the rules themselves. The more think about it, clear rules are the actual rules, while unclear rules are not.

You are allowed to post any comments that you wish. However, these comments cannot violate forum guidelines. Potential violations include posting personal information, posting inflammatory remarks of any kind, posting solicitations, trolling, posting unhelpful/off-topic remarks, etc. 

Again we recommend reviewing our guidelines thoroughly to ensure that there will be no continued removal of posts or potential banning for continued guideline violations. 

Thanks for the cooperation.

I hope this addresses all your concerns. If you would like to discuss this further, please don't hesitate to post here or send me a private message.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Most Valued Poster

Re: Unable to PM since asked to PM employ for info needed to resolve my case, and other assorted pro

Thanks for the helpful reply, Jessie. I'm unable to find definitioins to the term "solicite" as suggesting an action be taken, nothing even close, however I am still looking.. .

It was said my post had several violations, and if possible so I and others can benefit form this, can you repost my post here and go through those violations? I understand this is a bit time consuming but I can't seem to get some things to add up and I'd be much more comfortable with explanations because clearly, even using a dictionary, at least at this point, I'll not be able to understand all the ways the terms will be understood by you, so I can avoid violation of board rules. Oh and, as mentiuoned, I had already looked policy over but saw no violations so that right there makes clear the need to clear them up here in public.

I may well find a dictionmary that agrees with you, but until then, and without more clarity, it seems like an impossble task to avoid problems. But no worries, just hope you all will be a little more sensetive to the fact there is a bit of a problem getting on the same page.

Is it also policy to remove full posts when all is not in violation?

Most Valued Poster

So we are clear on what has happened here, I am still unable to private message. You may email me for the info requested if want it, otherwise it appears it's been made impossible for me to carry out your request that should lead to a resolution.

Admin1

Kenny768 -- I reviewed your user settings and Private Messaging is enabled for you. Please provide a screen shot of what you are seeing that confirms you are not able to send a PM. We will provide support with confirmation that you cannot send PM's. 

Solicit is defined as: ask for or try to obtain (something) from someone. It's sub definition is: ask (someone) for something. Directing people to the FCC is form of solicitation as you are asking people to file complaints. 

Per our guidelines, we reserve the right to remove any post and/or topic that we deem inappropriate or disruptive to the Comcast Help Forums Community. The entire post is removed, regardless of content that is not in violation, due to the post having violating content. 

Most Valued Poster

, I have a few threads going now so hard to keep up. Will you please verify my last post here was removed? I ask not to bother arguing the reasons, as you already made Comcasts stance clear. Knowing what happened is important for a few reason, one being simply are my posts getting poisted, or do I need to repost so you got my last message concerning my case?

Thanks once again for your help.

Admin1

Kenny768 -- I confirmed that you did have a post removed. It was removed as it did violate our guidelines concerning solicitation. 

Most Valued Poster

Thanks for clearing that up, and I would would like you to note that though likely not intentional, I was set up by a comcast employ on that one when I was evidently given bad info on what I can and cannot post. That is assuming I even know what the violation was.

To be clear, I am not to even mention the agencies I mentioned in that post or other agencies that can help with ISP issues at all/period? Or was there something else that was in violation that I need to know about?

Just so you know I tried my best to undersantd what was what on this but the last post on that was ignored..

Admin1

Kenny768 -- Your violation was twofold. You directed people to file complaints with an outside commission and you made a number of inflammatory remarks. Both instances violate our guidelines. The totality of your post revolved around those two items.

I reviewed your posts and PM's with official employees dating back to your inception date in 2009. I was unable to find any evidence of an employee on these Forums giving you bad information about what you are and are not allowed to post.