Community Forum

Unable to Close My Account

Highlighted
New Poster

Unable to Close My Account

To anyone that might have a solution,

I'm trying to close my account since I haven't used this service in years. However, I'm unable to access my account settings to close my account. I get stuck on "We're getting your account set up. Check back soon to track and activate your services." Any onthe link to my account settings returns a communication error.

If you have any solutions, please share.

Thanks,

Camden

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: Unable to Close My Account

Sounds like you need to call 800-COMCAST or 800-XFINITY or visit an Xfinity Store.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Highlighted
New Poster

I haven't had Comcast service in over four years now and recently I started getting emails that someone has been logging into my account.

I managed to reset the password to some 99 character jibirish that was generated by a random password thing I found online.

It is impossible to close/delete/remove a Comcast account. When you signed up for service the first time you entered into a contract with the devil. They will keep your personal information on file for all of eternity.

Highlighted
Expert

@Feduptohere_T wrote:

I haven't had Comcast service in over four years now and recently I started getting emails that someone has been logging into my account.

I managed to reset the password to some 99 character jibirish that was generated by a random password thing I found online.

It is impossible to close/delete/remove a Comcast account. When you signed up for service the first time you entered into a contract with the devil. They will keep your personal information on file for all of eternity.

Have you been signing into the account from time to time since you left Comcast?  Because if you have, that alone will keep the email account active for another 9 months each time you do so.  Who sent you an email claiming to know your account is being accessed by someone else?  

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!