Community Forum

Unable to Activate HBO

Regular Visitor

Unable to Activate HBO

For over a year now I've been unable to activate HBO using xfinity online.  I've called customer service many times but they always blame HBO.  This started once I added a family member to my account.  I'm also unable to private message any customer service rep with my info.  Any help would be appreciated.

Admin1

Re: Unable to Activate HBO

Hi acabler -- For HBO Go issues, please start with doing a password reset. This is the most common way to resolve any login/activation issues with HBO Go. Can you give that try and let me know the result please?

Regular Visitor

Hi Zach,

I tried this twice with no luck.  I'm assuming you mean my xfinity password.  I'm just going to hbo.com/activate to activate a Fire TV.  This redirects me to comcast to login and from there I'm taken to https://www.xfinity.com/learn/digital-cable-tv/premium-channels/hbo?lang=en&ui_style=dark where it would previously return me to HBO for activation.

Admin1

acabler -- Thanks for giving that a try. I received your PM with your contact information and login username. I've opened a ticket with our support team for further assistance. An agent will contact you directly once they've had a chance to work through this. 

Admin1

acabler -- I reviewed your support ticket and it shows as resolved. Can you confirm you're able to use HBO Go now?

Regular Visitor

No - I am still unable to use it.  Advanced support called me and again told me that it must be a problem with HBO and that I should really just be using the Xfinity stream app.  I'm extremely frustrated by this after a year and many calls and am considering cancelling my service.

Admin1

acabler -- Sorry to hear that. We've done what we can for this now after having multiple tech support agents look at this.