Community Forum

UNBELIEVABLE!!

New Poster

UNBELIEVABLE!!

I called to cancel services (cable/internet) after being a loyal customer for several years due to my bill skyrocketing! The young lady I spoke to yesterday didn't seem to care and didn't try to "save" this loyal customer at all. I told her that I was going to shop around and that I'd call back. She said OK, thank you, and BYE! So I called back today and let them know that I would be cancelling and that I wanted to discontinue the services next week. Well the young lady I spoke to this time said that I was under contract. Ummmm, NO I'm not! I never sign up for contracts because I don't want to lock myself in nor do I agree to them. She said that I have to pay an early termination fee of $130. That's not correct I told her and I explained to her that last year when I received an email with something about a two-year agreement I phoned in and questioned it and they explained that I was in fact NOT UNDER CONTRACT and she said she couldn't go back that far in the notes section to see that conversation. I said I never agree to cable contracts and the gentleman that I spoke with assured me that I wasn't under contract when I called in on 3/30/17. She said she'd have a supervisor call me. A few minutes later, a supervisor phoned and said that my account showed that I was under contract and owed the $130 and the only way to get out of it was to not go with the other company and allow him to try and get my bill down. Uh, no thanks! #1, you were eating in my ear, #2, the young lady didn't care to save the account yesterday, and #3, I don't do shady business! How about work with me and waive the fee instead of saying that you'd talk to the one I spoke with on 3/30/17 and you'd let him know that he provided me with misinformation! That is truly a training issue, but it's YOUR ISSUE, NOT MINE! You acknowledge the fact that he was wrong, but you only want to NOW see how you can lower my bill to $125-ish dollars vs $180 if I decide to not go with the competitor and have me not worry about the $130. NO THANK YOU! I don't like how you all conduct business...I'd rather take my business elsewhere. And there is NO CONTRACT! The audacity. 

Expert

Re: UNBELIEVABLE!!

@SheMeHer13 wrote:

I called to cancel services (cable/internet) after being a loyal customer for several years due to my bill skyrocketing! The young lady I spoke to yesterday didn't seem to care and didn't try to "save" this loyal customer at all. I told her that I was going to shop around and that I'd call back. She said OK, thank you, and BYE! So I called back today and let them know that I would be cancelling and that I wanted to discontinue the services next week. Well the young lady I spoke to this time said that I was under contract. Ummmm, NO I'm not! I never sign up for contracts because I don't want to lock myself in nor do I agree to them. She said that I have to pay an early termination fee of $130. That's not correct I told her and I explained to her that last year when I received an email with something about a two-year agreement I phoned in and questioned it and they explained that I was in fact NOT UNDER CONTRACT and she said she couldn't go back that far in the notes section to see that conversation. I said I never agree to cable contracts and the gentleman that I spoke with assured me that I wasn't under contract when I called in on 3/30/17. She said she'd have a supervisor call me. A few minutes later, a supervisor phoned and said that my account showed that I was under contract and owed the $130 and the only way to get out of it was to not go with the other company and allow him to try and get my bill down. Uh, no thanks! #1, you were eating in my ear, #2, the young lady didn't care to save the account yesterday, and #3, I don't do shady business! How about work with me and waive the fee instead of saying that you'd talk to the one I spoke with on 3/30/17 and you'd let him know that he provided me with misinformation! That is truly a training issue, but it's YOUR ISSUE, NOT MINE! You acknowledge the fact that he was wrong, but you only want to NOW see how you can lower my bill to $125-ish dollars vs $180 if I decide to not go with the competitor and have me not worry about the $130. NO THANK YOU! I don't like how you all conduct business...I'd rather take my business elsewhere. And there is NO CONTRACT! The audacity. 

You can check to see if indeed you are under a contract following the instructions found here [courtesy of nerdburg].

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: UNBELIEVABLE!!

Hi SheMeHer13, 

Sorry for the experience you're having. I can review your account and provide more information about the services you have. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!