Community Forum

Two reps refused to cancel my service.

New Poster

Two reps refused to cancel my service.

I've been attempting to cancel my service for two months now. My first phone call was 4.2.18, where I requested my service be cancelled because I am moving out of the country. The representative at the time told me he couldn't cancel my service until I paid the balance, I informed him of my pending divorce and my funds were tied but I would pay the bill eventually. He still refused to transfer me to the retention department. I was able to find a "cancellation form" online for Xfinity, I submtited two and my service is still on. I have not lived at this address since April, no one is using the services and I am still being billed. I called today where a difference representative REFUSED to transfer me to retention until I paid the insanely high bill first. I advised him I could not but still wanted my services cancelled, he told me they will not cancel services until the balance is paid and in the interim, i'm assuming I am still being billed! The services are disconnected for God sake! What can I do? I want my services cancelled without paying the $500+ bill first. I will pay the bill but I need it cancelled, this is ridiculous! 

Official Employee

Re: Two reps refused to cancel my service.

Hi rubyred1989, you can certainly cancel services without paying your balance. You will need to pay off the balance on your final bill but the service can be disconnected at anytime. For more information on how to cancel services please click on this link

New Poster

Re: Two reps refused to cancel my service.

I had something similar happen. You can just cancel the service and the bill stays with comcast. But if you come back and want to use comcast again they will have the hold on your account because of the lack of payment. just pick another ISP at this point. hope that helps!