Community Forum

Two months without service and an unauthorized disconnect!

Regular Visitor

Two months without service and an unauthorized disconnect!

Since April 29th I have had no Internet service and have tried to get my service back. I have been consistently lied to by agents on the phone and in store including the person I set my account up with nearly two years ago. Out of the six technicians requested and scheduled only the first and last have arrived, both telling me I need a "special" technician and when I ask for such a thing in a service center over the phone I'm told they should have been able to help me. I was given credit for a month and a half recently but not for the other half a month or the multiple technicians that never arrived to my home.

I try again to call this morning and the automated line tells me my account no longer exists, I finally get an agent and they inform me that my account was disconnected earlier in the week even though I was billed yesterday for my services again. When I ask why my services were disconnected the agent could not give me an explanation or find the employee number of the person who did it. I was told the only way to get my services back was to sign up all over again and that I would lose the credits to my account and the additional month I just paid for.

After months of this I'm no longer sure if I should just go through with it and try to get my credits back or file a case in small claims court.
Expert

Re: Two months without service and an unauthorized disconnect!

Hi @charliebrown402,

Thank you for visiting the forums! Sorry to hear about your issues. 

I've asked a corporate employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello charliebrown402. I can assist with reviewing your account status and service issues. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Now I'm being told I have to pay $80 to get my service that I didn't disconnect back on and that it will be nearly another month before I can use it, I already paid for my July service earlier in the week but I won't get a credit for that either.