Community Forum

Two months without service and an unauthorized disconnect!

Regular Visitor

Two months without service and an unauthorized disconnect!

Since April 29th I have had no Internet service and have tried to get my service back. I have been consistently lied to by agents on the phone and in store including the person I set my account up with nearly two years ago. Out of the six technicians requested and scheduled only the first and last have arrived, both telling me I need a "special" technician and when I ask for such a thing in a service center over the phone I'm told they should have been able to help me. I was given credit for a month and a half recently but not for the other half a month or the multiple technicians that never arrived to my home.

I try again to call this morning and the automated line tells me my account no longer exists, I finally get an agent and they inform me that my account was disconnected earlier in the week even though I was billed yesterday for my services again. When I ask why my services were disconnected the agent could not give me an explanation or find the employee number of the person who did it. I was told the only way to get my services back was to sign up all over again and that I would lose the credits to my account and the additional month I just paid for.

After months of this I'm no longer sure if I should just go through with it and try to get my credits back or file a case in small claims court.
Expert

Re: Two months without service and an unauthorized disconnect!

Hi @charliebrown402,

Thank you for visiting the forums! Sorry to hear about your issues. 

I've asked a corporate employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Hello charliebrown402. I can assist with reviewing your account status and service issues. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Regular Visitor

Now I'm being told I have to pay $80 to get my service that I didn't disconnect back on and that it will be nearly another month before I can use it, I already paid for my July service earlier in the week but I won't get a credit for that either.