Community Forum

Turned in equpment charged for unused service for 3 months!

New Poster

Turned in equpment charged for unused service for 3 months!

So, I was a former employee up until March of this year.  I had to move to another state for a different oppurtunity.  I turned in my equipment at an xfinity store and was told that the equipment would be accounted for and deactivated ending me current service.  The time has come where I have a new place and would like to restore service.  So, I went on to my xfinity account and was prompted with a message to call xfinity.  To my dismay, I owe $500.00 dollars for service that I never used after turning in my equipment.  This is ridiculous.  All I want is to get a new package and move on, but I refuse to pay 500.00 for service that I never used. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Turned in equpment charged for unused service for 3 months!

As a former employee, you probably are more informed than most of us on here.. This would be an easy fix through billing. They should be able to locate when the equipment was returned which is when the disconnect was supposed to be processed I imagine.
Expert

Hi @miked12

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
Official Employee

miked12, sounds like it might be an unreturned equipment fee but we can double check. Please send me a private message with your full name, address and phone number tied to your residential services for help. Just click my name and then click private message me.