Community Forum

Trying to get an install

Regular Visitor

Trying to get an install

Hi, I'm having issues getting a new install in a newly purchased property.
My husband did an online order with a debit card and the appointment was set up card charged then cancelled after 1 day. Called rep and maybe card issues
So I created a new appointment using my credit card and all good. charged. Then cancelled after 1 day this time chat said that it was a non serviceable address.
This is becoming very difficult to simply get a service to my home. So far we have been charged twice for those installs.
Regular Visitor

Re: Trying to get an install

So a trip to the store was the only way to get an answer.
Now we have some clarification of the previous owners failures, not ours
So we are still required to revisit the store tomorrow, to wait for a reply which could be anytime Monday to Friday then we can set up a new time for installation.
It took 3 online chats and a phone call then a trip to the store and we still are not scheduled.
Do reps review here, how is comcast going to give it's customers and potential customers confidence it their commitment to Customer care.
Expert

@Gelli wrote:
So a trip to the store was the only way to get an answer.
Now we have some clarification of the previous owners failures, not ours
So we are still required to revisit the store tomorrow, to wait for a reply which could be anytime Monday to Friday then we can set up a new time for installation.
It took 3 online chats and a phone call then a trip to the store and we still are not scheduled.
Do reps review here, how is comcast going to give it's customers and potential customers confidence it their commitment to Customer care.

Unfortunately, what you have run into is a block on the address because of the previous owner's failure to pay.  If you haven't already, you should take some form of identification showing your new address, such as a utility bill in your name and driver's license.  If you're remotely related to the previous owner, it may be a real hassle because Comcast will want you to pay their bill before establishing service at the address there again.

I will go ahead an escalate this to the Team available to the forums.  In the meantime, please don't send a Private Message to any Official Employee because it's against Forum Guidelines.

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Hi Gelli, 

Sorry for the experience you've had while trying to get services installed. I'd like to see if I can help do all the hard work here on my end to avoid any further run around for you. I can create a serviceability request to confirm whether or not the address is serviceable if that hasn't been done already. 

In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, and the street address including city state and zip code for the address where you would like to have service.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!