Community Forum

Trying to change from Triple Play to Double Paly

Regular Visitor

Trying to change from Triple Play to Double Paly

My Triple Play contract is about to expire and I would like to change my service to Double Play.  I spent an hour on the phone today but was only offered Triple Play packages that would effectively increase my monthly cost.  I asked about moving to a Double Play package but was told that I either could not do that or it would increase my monthly costs to be even more than the Triple Play.  I really do not use or want the phone service anymore as the majority of calls I get are charity solicitations, political polls or scammers.  I would like to move to either the X1 Starter Double Play or the X1 Starter Double Play + Speed Upgrade.

Is there really no way to move from a Triple Play package to a Double Play at a the prices that are advertised for them?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Trying to change from Triple Play to Double Paly

I just tried about a half hour ago to downgrade my cable and I had the rudest agent i have dealt with in YEARS. I ended up hanging up. Not helpful at all. I even had info from 2 days prior with quotes from a very nice girl. I asked her to pull up that info and she refused. She also refused to transfer me to someone else so i hung up. How can they refuse to transfer? Interesting that I haven't received that survey call yet to see how well their customer service was. (I clearly am fired up. I just hung up the phone)
Problem Solver

Hello AlanD58,

I would be happy to look into a new promotional rate for you. I will look to see what is available in your area, and then send you a private message in order to freely discuss account details.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

I have also had this issue and tried a few times to downgrade from the Triple Play to the Double Play.  Each time I am told it will cost me more money to have less services; however, that is not the case when I look at the prices on the website.  Has anyone successfully downgraded services?  My contract is ending soon (as the agent on the phone told me a few minutes ago) and I do not want the phone service.  I only want cable and Internet.  How can I get this option?

Frequent Visitor

I'd like to know to, I have the same issue, want to go from triple to double, keep getting told the amount would not change too much.
How does less service mean pay the same?
Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

Regular Visitor

@ComcastShane - I attempted to Private Message you using three different platforms (a cell phone and two different laptops).  Each time I click "SEND MESSAGE", I am taken to a screen that says "Private Message", but I cannot type anything.  How are we to message you?  Can you send a private message to me?  I've attached a screenshot of the page I get.

Tags (1)
PM Message Attempt.png
Regular Visitor

Shane,

Did you see my below response? The issue and the screenshot?

Thanks,
Chris
Official Employee

Hello chrisadailey, let's see if you can respond to this. 

Regular Visitor

I still get the same issue.  May you PM me, please or e-mail me?  

Comcast.PNG
New Poster

I was on the phone multiple times the last couple days. Found that we can’t drop to double play since we signed up to triple play. Removing voice from triple play would only customize the triple play package. Found that I was only able to actually get double play by cancelling my service and signing up to double play as a new customer. Agent I spoke to on the phone said that was ok. So I scheduled to cancel my service the same day a technician would come in to set up the new box. Currently the installation is free.