Community Forum

Trying hard to be a Comcast customer

Regular Visitor

Trying hard to be a Comcast customer

I'm a new Xfinity internet customer, and I'm having the worst time getting service started at my home.

The website says my address is serviceable, so I signed up for Extreme 150 internet.  However, two technicians have come to the property to install service, and both said a tap needs to be installed.  The second guy put in request for a site survey.

After I followed up several times, a Comcast agent ("Rose" - and her return numbers directs me to the "leadership group" or some such) told me that a tap would need to be installed, and I would have to pay for part of it.  I asked for more details and she said she's never had a customer agree to pay, so she didn't have the answers.  She promised that the construction department would get back with me in 24-48 hrs.

She actually called me the next day and told  me she could see where they set up my request in the system.  She said she could see my location on a site map and everything.  She said someone would call me with answers to all my questions. 

Then she disappeared.

That was around Tuesday, 2/27/2018.  I have not heard anything since.  My two efforts to call the direct line and extension she provided went unanswered. 

Finally a few minutes ago I tried Comcast's support chat function.  Agents Jasleen and Rabi told me they could not find my account.  Jasleen finally told me my account had been canceled, but he could not say why.

I've heard the legends about Comcast customer service, but I have refused to believe them.  You're my only hope for fast internet in my area, and I'm hoping someone can help me.

Expert

Re: Trying hard to be a Comcast customer

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Re: Trying hard to be a Comcast customer

Hi theangler. I can assist with researching your address to confirm if the tap status is serviceabile, so you can get your services established. Please send me a private message and include your full name and street address so I can take a look.