Community Forum

Trusted Tech. has IP address, accessing all my personal information, unable to change some passwords

New Poster

Trusted Tech. has IP address, accessing all my personal information, unable to change some passwords

I have/had a very trusted family member, who is Very tech savvy, the individual works for large company controlling all their computor equitment in every aspect, now that we have that clarified.

This individual has my IP address, along with several other information secrets, he has accessed my Yahoo e-mail deleted damaging e-mails regarding himself.

He also built this computor, I have tried to change my password on Yahoo but for reason I can't, he also has the ability to access this computor and change everything.

I need help, I don't want to turn this individual in, first how do I prove it, second I don't want him to go to jail, loose his job.

Help!!

Problem Solver

Re: Trusted Tech. has IP address, accessing all my personal information, unable to change some passw

@ wrote:

I have/had a very trusted family member, who is Very tech savvy, the individual works for large company controlling all their computor equitment in every aspect, now that we have that clarified.

This individual has my IP address, along with several other information secrets, he has accessed my Yahoo e-mail deleted damaging e-mails regarding himself.

He also built this computor, I have tried to change my password on Yahoo but for reason I can't, he also has the ability to access this computor and change everything.

I need help, I don't want to turn this individual in, first how do I prove it, second I don't want him to go to jail, loose his job.

Help!!

Try signing into Yahoo with a deliberate wrong password. They should ask you to click a link to reset it.

Reset it to something that only you know. Hope that helps.

Expert

Re: Trusted Tech. has IP address, accessing all my personal information, unable to change some passw

Hire a professional to clean and secure your system. The change all of your usernames/passwords everywhere, Also monitor your credit. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Regular Contributor

Unless you paid for a static ip, it can change.  You can call comcast and have them update the IP to another if yours has not changed in awhile.  As far as your accounts.  If you can get into them, I wold create a new email and use gmail or outlook(hotmail) to keep it away from yahoo.  Update those accounts to use that email.  Then promptly change the passwords on those accounts.  Then any update\change requests will be with the new emails.  If he has your SSN, then you may be out of luck.  You will need to get authorities and maybe a lawyer involved.

Official Employee

Good advice on this thread!

059, I suggest you reach out to our customer security assurance team. If you think this person has access or could access your personal information, that team is better equipped to assist on the Comcast end. They can be reached here: 844-335-8719.