Community Forum

Triple play, is phone feature mandated in equipment?

New Poster

Triple play, is phone feature mandated in equipment?

Signed up for the $149.99 special, top tier Triple Play. Install tech and website both qualified the Motorola MB8600 as viable options to the default monolith gateway. Only hitch is, no phone ports on the Motorola. Was assured by install tech and later call to support that switching to the Moto would be fine, that no physically active phone was ok, just a customer decision on my part. Call in to support tonight and give MAC to swap. Get a 10 minute official policy spiel on the equipment needs to match the service level. Asked for double play equivalents, and after adding the gigabit speed bump, same channel tier, it would be total $10 more to not have phone and use my own modem. Is this legit? CSR was not willing to escalate and try to get a $10 credit approved to bring price down to equal to current package. Any ideas?
Expert

Re: Triple play, is phone feature mandated in equipment?

The won't let you have voice service w/o a compatible telephony modem. They don't want to be in the position of charging you for a service you don't have. The website and the installer both should have known better. Sorry, that happened  to you Smiley Sad

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!