Community Forum

Tricked by Agent

New Poster

Tricked by Agent

Hi, my experience getting Comcast installed has been a disaster. No where on the website did it say that insulation no longer includes installing a coax line into a room. This is something that cable companies have always done so if the policy has been changed, it should be communicated more clearly to customers. I am disabled and wanted to have cable in my bedroom. Unfortunately, the only outlet is in the living room. The technician could not help and switched me to a Xfinity stream package. My original request was for the double play starter package but the technician only set me up with the most basic channels. When I called Comcast to upgrade my service, I told the agent the package I had originally wanted (and he already had that information on the screen) he said he understood and lead me to believe he was giving me that package. Instead, he set me up with triple play. Out of frustration, I went to the Xfinity store and they have switched me to the correct package but because of the previous agent setting me up with triple play, I am no longer eligible for the new customer pricing for the double play. It hasn’t even been a week since the technician was here to install my cable. Please let me know if there is a way to have this resolved.
Official Employee

Re: Tricked by Agent

Hi Michigander1976, 

Sorry for the experience you've had while trying to get this resolved. I can review your account to see if there's any way I can assist you. Can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.