Community Forum

Tree limbs pulling down cable line

New Poster

Tree limbs pulling down cable line

I see a tree by my property that has several limbs laying on top of a cable line between two power poles. I don't think it effects my line, but I thought I would report it before it becomes a problem for someone. Who do I report it to?

Expert

Re: Tree limbs pulling down cable line

mattchow1 wrote:

I see a tree by my property that has several limbs laying on top of a cable line between two power poles. I don't think it effects my line, but I thought I would report it before it becomes a problem for someone. Who do I report it to?

Comcast doesn't do tree limb removal.  You might want to report it to your local government body or at least call them to find out who needs to be notified to remove the limbs.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Thanks Again (Hah!).

I'm just informing Comcast to be helpful because their line is going to come down. I'm not reporting a problem with my account or my line (or my trees). If their policy is to wait until the line comes down and then do a repair, that works for me. 

Regular Visitor

Same exact issue.  An ugly monster pine tree is growing at a 45 degree angle and invades the space between the two poles.  Then the tree spreads out multiple branches growing in all directions around and above the cable.  I need to cut the tree down but I cannot do tree work in the easement for power and cable lines.  PGE points to Comcast, Comcast points to the City.  City points back.  I would love to sign up for a bundle but if this is the level of service I will suffer the dish.

Official Employee

Hello @xaldx. If your service is impacted, please advise so we can get a crew out there. We are not able to do gardening or tree limb removal as a proactive service. 

Please let us know if there is anything else you need assistance with.