Community Forum

Tree Branches near main Cable Connection pole (pole located in neighbors yard)

Frequent Visitor

Tree Branches near main Cable Connection pole (pole located in neighbors yard)

Who is responsible for removing tree branches near a xfinity neighborhood main cable pole?

Admin1

Re: Tree Branches near main Cable Connection pole (pole located in neighbors yard)

Hi LoriF1 -- The owner of the tree would be responsible for tree maintenance. This is not something that we do. We will tend to the lines if they are damaged by the tree though. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Tree Branches near main Cable Connection pole (pole located in neighbors yard)

The technician could not reach the pole with a ladder to intall a line to my house.  The pole and tree are not on my property.  I guess I will not be able to get xfinity services.  

Admin1

LoriF1 -- Is the tree on city property by chance? You can request that the city come out to trim the tree. 

Frequent Visitor

No the pole is in the back of the yard of a house.  I am guessing there is an easement for it.  It is also the same pole that ComEd uses but I was told their connection is higher and this may make a difference for them.   So either it is easier to get at for ComEd or knowone has had to get at the pole recently.

Admin1

LoriF1 -- Would you be able to send me your address information please? I'm going to send this over to local tech ops to see if they can use a different connection point since this tree is in the way. 

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

Frequent Visitor

I sent a private message yesterday addressing the prior comment.

Official Employee

Hello LoriF1, we are still working on this. Thank you for providing your information, we are going to see what it will take to get this fixed. 

Official Employee

Hey Lori, Our teams tried to call you but missed you. They left a number on your voicemail. Please let us know if you have received it. - Matt 

Official Employee

Hey Lori, just wanted to check in with you to see if you had gotten a hold of that team and if so were they able to get this sorted out for you? - Matt 

Frequent Visitor

My second try at installation is scheduled today between 3-5 pm.

I spoke with a Field Supervisor (Al Leary) before Xmas and he is aware of the issue.  He said that I should contact him and let him know when I reschedule the installation so that he can make sure that the tech (s) are aware of the situation.

I left the Supervisor a message last week Thursday (12/21) and yesterday (12/27) to make him aware of the new installation day/time.

I will let you know how it goes today.

Thanks