Community Forum

Transfer service to address not serviced by Comcast currently? Or just Cancel it.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Transfer service to address not serviced by Comcast currently? Or just Cancel it.

I'm near the end of my Comcast 1 year contract now. And I recently moved to a new address, the customer service told me that address hasn't had Comcast service for over 10 years! To actually transfer my service, I have to schedule a technician at my new address and activate the service. That would cost around 40$.

I'm not sure if it's worth it since I only have couple weeks left for Comcast. I also called 1 (800) -* just to see what my options are after the 1 year contract. I did not get any offer from that call. And seems like the representitive doesn't really care if I don't have the service for my new address. Should I just cancel the Comcast technician appointment and stop using Comcast after my 1 year contract? If I cancel the service, and start a new account for the new address, would I get a discount for new service?

Official Employee

Re: Transfer service to address not serviced by Comcast currently? Or just Cancel it.

Hello xs80_21. Thank you for joining the Xfinity Forums and creating your first post! We're glad you're here.

I can assist with reviewing your account and the transfer of service package options. By moving to the new location, new offers will be available to you. It is true that if the location is not self install eligible, then you would need a professional installation. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Official Employee

Re: Transfer service to address not serviced by Comcast currently? Or just Cancel it.

Glad we were able to get your issue squared away, xs80_21. Thank you for creating the post, and thank you for using the Forums!