Community Forum

Transfer of service to a seasonal location Comcast Served RV Park

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Transfer of service to a seasonal location Comcast Served RV Park

We travel with a RV 30 plus weeks a year.  Spending 12 or so weeks at our home base.  During our travels we spend 13 or so weeks at a single RV Park that has comcast land line connection available at the individual RV sites.  During 2 travel peroids Fall and Spring we reli on our Comcast Cell service and hot spot conection to the internet for data, steamig and TV.

Idealy we would like to place our home base Comcast service on 'Seasonal Service' while we are away, perhaps utilizing the home security functions.  And be able to connect to the landline Comcast service at our winter destination and optimize out connection while traveling (wandering) from the two locations.

Can you suggest an aproach to accomplish this?

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Transfer of service to a seasonal location Comcast Served RV Park

Start here
https://comcastseasonal.com/

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

OK, that looks like step 1.

Step 2.  Do I set up a new account for the seasonal location?  Is thier a way to link both accounts?

When we depart the seasonal location we take our Home on Wheels with us and leave only an empty RV site, which may be used by some other unrelated party during the months we are away.  How about the comcast equipment we use at the seasonal location.  Do we carry it with us or must it be turned in?  Or can we purchase equipment to connect to the Comcast Liandline at the seasonal site taking it with us when we are traveling.

Or is thier a Comcast plan that would provide us with enhanced mobile internet conectivity to utilize while away from home base?

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

OK, that looks like step 1.
Step 2. Do I set up a new account for the seasonal location? Is thier a way to link both accounts?
When we depart the seasonal location we take our Home on Wheels with us and leave only an empty RV site, which may be used by some other unrelated party during the months we are away. How about the comcast equipment we use at the seasonal location. Do we carry it with us or must it be turned in? Or can we purchase equipment to connect to the Comcast Liandline at the seasonal site taking it with us when we are traveling.
Or is thier a Comcast plan that would provide us with enhanced mobile internet conectivity to utilize while away from home base?
You would set up a new account at each of your seasonal locations. And turn in the equipment when you’re done. You can purchase compatible equipment to use with phone and internet, your number will change at each stop. You have access to Comcast’s hotspots for internet use if there’s any close by where you’re staying.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

OK, That matches what I assumed was Xfinit's current offerings.

We will stick with our home based cable conection using the Hot Spots and WiFi available when we travel.

We will upgrade our reception capacity on our RV with external antennas, routers and bosters.  I was hoping Comcast / xfinity would have a plan that addressed the expanding Full Time RV (30 weeks last year) market.

Bundle up antennas, routers,  and bosters that are compatable with Xfinity Moble.