Community Forum

Transfer Ownership

New Poster

Transfer Ownership

How do I transfer my account to another person living at the same address as me?

Expert

Re: Transfer Ownership

Both of you would go to your local service center with ID and fill out a form. https://www.xfinity.com/support/service-center-locations/

I am not an employee.
New Poster

What if going in person isn't possible? I'm the owner, and I left States suddenly. No way of coming back.

Expert

@Miroslava wrote:

What if going in person isn't possible? I'm the owner, and I left States suddenly. No way of coming back.

You would then need to cancel service and have someone return your equipment.  Once your final bill is paid the other person can establish new service at new customer rates.

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a fellow customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Valued Contributor

Why would the final bill of a different customer have to be paid before service could be established for another individual? The only reason I could see the reason for that is if they were related and shared the current active service together. The next person can easily setup service, regardless of the status of the previous bill. (as long as it wasn't shared as previously stated)
Expert

@JLDOOBLY wrote:
Why would the final bill of a different customer have to be paid before service could be established for another individual? The only reason I could see the reason for that is if they were related and shared the current active service together. The next person can easily setup service, regardless of the status of the previous bill. (as long as it wasn't shared as previously stated)

They can't transfer ownership because the owner is out of the country.  And no, as long as one account is still active and not paid in full, another account can't be started.

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a fellow customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Valued Contributor

That is only because of the previous account being active, not the bill though. In general. I replied to You who stated "You would then need to cancel service and have someone return your equipment. Once your final bill is paid the other person can establish new service at new customer rates." So once the the persons service was cancelled, the next customer could establish service regardless of the bill. Doesn't matter if it is paid or not, only if the previous service was disconnected or has a disconnect.
Official Employee

JLDOOBLY, in some cases, the new person would have to show proof that they are not associated with the previous Comcast customer (a new lease for example) to prove that this is a new tenant applying for new service. Otherwise, the balance will stay on the account until it is paid and service would not be connected to that residence until the balance is paid. 

KenF

Valued Contributor

No I understand. He had just implied that the previous person would have to pay their bill in full BEFORE the next person could establish service. Which is not true, unless they shared the service or are a relative, etc. I was just correcting that part of his statement is all. A person could leave a $10,000 Debt at an address, and if a new person wants to move in, AND CAN PROVE THEY OWN/RENT the place, that debt has nothing to do with them. Some of the info given on here is a bit in the grey area, and this was one of those instances. On a peer to peer forum, we as customers have the right to know the correct info, and not be lead into believing things like he had stated, in the manner that he did.