Community Forum

Transfer Ownership of Account

Regular Visitor

Transfer Ownership of Account

I submitted a form last week to transfer ownership of my account to a new account holder and have not heard back. When I called yesterday the representative told me that they don't know how long it will take....can someone please let me know when this process will be complete? I've already moved out and do not want to pay for a cable bill that I am not using. 

Thanks.

Expert

Re: Transfer Ownership of Account

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Hi isampaio, can you please tell me how you requested the account be transferred to another party? I ask this because in order to transfer ownership you must go into a local Comcast service center with the receiving party and both your Id's to make the change official. We cannot perform the task online or over the phone to protect the account holder. Please reach back out to me here for further assistance. 

Regular Visitor

I called and was sent a form to fill out that had to be notarized saying that I wanted to transfer ownership of my account. On the form it said that they would then contact who would be the new account holder to transfer the ownership. I submitted the form online as were stated in the instructions. The form I was emailed by Comcast is attached. If this is the incorrect way to transfer ownership then I'm confused as to why I was told I could do this? 

Official Employee

isampaio wrote: I called and was sent a form to fill out that had to be notarized saying that I wanted to transfer ownership of my account. On the form it said that they would then contact who would be the new account holder to transfer the ownership. I submitted the form online as were stated in the instructions. The form I was emailed by Comcast is attached. If this is the incorrect way to transfer ownership then I'm confused as to why I was told I could do this? 

I am more than happy to look into this for you, please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me" and we can get to the bottom of this for you.