Community Forum

Totally confused

New Poster

Totally confused

Hi,

Today I spent over 2 hours on the phone with customer service trying to get my package downgraded. It’s been an ordeal. I now am traveling more and am not home very often to watch cable. A friend of my got a great package from Comcast with XFINITY InstantTV and internet, which allows you to just stream TV on the internet. This is perfect for me, so I call to change my plan. First, I was transferred to a different department because I have home security. No big deal, but once on the phone with the rep he told me that because I am a current Comcast customer I was not eligible to get XFINITY instant TV. I really didn’t understand why and he told me it’s promotional and only for new customers. I asked for a supervisor and was placed on hold for about 20 mins or so. Rep came back, said he would have the supervisor call me back. I said okay. Frustrated, I called back to ask more about InstantTV and the new rep told me that I could definitely downgrade and get that, even though I’m a current customer. But says he still needs to transfer me to a different department. I agree, but then the newest rep tells me that I cannot have InstantTV! Really? I’m super confused by this time, and then I get a call from the supervisor from the previous call. He says he can cancel my bundle and give me what I need at $44.99. Great, right? Nope, he puts me on hold and comes back to say that because I’m canceling my bundle everything goes back to the regular price and offers me JUST internet for $80 a month! My friend has internet, InstantTV, and the added entertainment package for $44.99/Mo. I just can’t see myself paying $80 for internet alone. At this point I may need to look into YouTube or Hulu streaming and some other ISP because I don’t really even know what my options with Comcast are, I’m really confused.
Official Employee

Re: Totally confused

I can certainly check and see what we have to offer, can you verify your account with me? To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name, and the full account number or phone number associated with the account? To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!