Community Forum

Too much Technology

Frequent Visitor

Too much Technology

My Mom is 98 and overwhelmed with all of the Technology that Xfinity TV has to offer.  I'm constantly having to Hit Exit to get her out of some loop.  Last year she purchased a $39 Wrestling Pay per view event, until I added LOCK.

The question is, does Xfinity offer any simple TV solutions with a limited list of Favorites for only her TV, no need for HD.  A big button remote would also be nice.

Any ideas ??

Thanks,

Lou

Expert

Re: Too much Technology

We ran into the same problem about the time she was around 85. Lucky for us she got plenty of local over the air channels. Things can get worse. She used to forget to turn off calls when finished. It would run down the battery on portable phone along with leaving the phone on line blocking anyone from calling. We resorted to having her use only the standard land-line phones. She still remembered how to use that phone.

If she can only get television channels over cable just get the lowest service offered, and block pay-per-view as you are doing. There are remotes made with fewer buttons and options for older people. You can use the regular remote to set things up and keep it away from.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately, there are a few Not Basic channels that she wants.

Forgot to mention, she lives with us, so I can't get there a different service.

Lou

Expert

@louinma wrote:

Unfortunately, there are a few Not Basic channels that she wants.

Forgot to mention, she lives with us, so I can't get there a different service.

Lou

I remember now that one of my brothers purchased the special remote for older people from Amazon. I had larger numbers and only controlled: volume, channel + or -, on /off. It made it next to impossible for someone to hit a control found on most tv remotes to mess up the tv by source change, etc.

Unfortunately died two days before he got the new remote. She was 92 by then.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

2 years ago I purchased 3 different Universay remotes.  None compatable with X1.  Returned all.