Community Forum

To far from Tap?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

To far from Tap?

I have had no service for 3 weeks now. I have a newly constructed house. The house has a pipe already routed to the tap. I have been told that we cant provide you service because it would cost to much money to dig from the house to the tap. For 2 weeks I have explained that there was already a pipe and just need a conduit to be routed. This time I was told, even though you have a pipe routed to the tap, the tap is too far from the house and they do not plan on servicing both my house and the house right next to mine that is newly constructed also because it looks like there is no future construction going up. There is 2 houses that have service from comcast already which are my neighbors. Comcast is the most covered service in my area. I talk to my contractor that built my house and he even said that comcast was the one that laid the pipe down. I have not seen a single Tech come out yet, that's why they assumed the house was not routed yet and everytime I call "it looks like from the satellite that the tap is to far" They said it's about 200ft from my house to the tap. Is that too long? Any help would be appreciated my ticket {edit: PII}

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: To far from Tap?

I have waited the whole week and still no reply. Is anyone gonna help me please? I have measured the pipe from my house to the tap. If I use the longest route it's a little less than 200ft. But since I dont know how they routed it, it could be less to about 135ft. So I am pretty certain that it is between these 2 measurements. I have had no internet for almost 5 weeks now and it has caused a lot of problems setting things up. If someone could help I would really appreciate it.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Still no reply from anyone. But I talked to my contractor for my house and he said the pipe is only 87ft to 127ft so they used the shortest route possible. Is for sure that it is less than 130ft. So please anyone HELP!!!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Wow no reply from anyone yet. Can someone just help or answer my question?
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi, Vibol. Thank you for posting here in the community and for patiently awaiting a reply. We apologize for the delay. I would be happy to take a look and see what I can do for you. If you're in a serviceable area and our tap is within 200 ft from your home, we are normally able to service it. The details for doing so depend on the premise though, as each one is unique. If you can please send me a private message with your first and last name, your current physical address, plus the best contact number for you, we can get started. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thanks. I look forward to working with you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

So my neighbor just moved in and they got internet setup the same week they moved in. They had no trouble getting service. They ran the wire from the tap to his house. With no line extensions or extra charge and my house is only 8ft away from his home, specifically 8ft where his comcast box is connected and where my house wire connections are. I have contacted a local comcast representative and he's been working with my case. I showed him pictures of how close my house is to my neighbors comcast box and he doesn't understand why the service team won't register my address for service. We have written a smart home ticket, and even tried getting a house warming team to come out, and no one has come out to even try to take a look at my home. I believe it is because of my first initial ticket that is causing this issue. If I could post a picture of how close my home is to my neighbor you would no why I am frustrated. They told my comcast rep that my home is outside the service boundaries on the map, well then my neighbor that is 8ft away would be also because of the way the conduit is routed. There is no difference of how the conduit is routed. I just need a Tech or if I could get a site or home survey done so someone can come out and look and they will see that my home is serviceable because now that I know my neighbor has service that is only 8 ft away no one can tell me that my home is not serviceable, even a comcast rep doesn't know why it is not. So please if another person from comcast can help us with this issue please help. I have had no internet for 3 months. So please help and thank you.
Highlighted
Expert

@Vibol 

I have escalated this for the third time.  Maybe it will be the charm.

@ComcastMorgan 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi again, Vibol. These requests go through to our serviceability group and they are the ones that ultimately make the decision. The fact that your location was denied was only tied to the most recent request that we opened, rather than the first one. I recall your neighbor being within an acceptable proximity, but yours had barely missed the cut-off. I would be happy to take a second look at this. Please send me a private message with your first and last name. We can go from there. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

So with 3 month of waiting I finally got service to my home. I want to thank my local comcast rep Kendell, for helping me the whole month of February. I also wanna thank comcastmorgan here on the forums. My situation or problem was no one from the serviceability team wanted to come out and take a look at my home because on the map it showed my home being out of the service boundaries for comcast. My solution was I gave photos to my rep showing there was already orange conduit that was installed from my house to the tap and a photo that my neighbor who was 8ft had service that is what convinced the serviceability team. I just wanna say that in my case the customer is always right, its cliche, but this could have been avoided if Xfinity listened to my explanation of my home I have been saying this for 3 month and even showed photos at a different xfinity store and all they did was brush me off just going off of what the serviceability team said in each and every ticket. I wanna thank again kendell for actually not giving up on us and taking my photos to show to the serviceability team and convincing them. He went above and beyond, everytime they denied our tickets. I hope that this helps anyone reading this and not to give up, it just takes a lot of time and patience. Make sure you take good photos and work with a local rep and have them take those photos to show to the serviceability team like I did and maybe that might speed things up.
20200208_133500.jpg