Community Forum

To far from Tap?

Regular Visitor

To far from Tap?

I have had no service for 3 weeks now. I have a newly constructed house. The house has a pipe already routed to the tap. I have been told that we cant provide you service because it would cost to much money to dig from the house to the tap. For 2 weeks I have explained that there was already a pipe and just need a conduit to be routed. This time I was told, even though you have a pipe routed to the tap, the tap is too far from the house and they do not plan on servicing both my house and the house right next to mine that is newly constructed also because it looks like there is no future construction going up. There is 2 houses that have service from comcast already which are my neighbors. Comcast is the most covered service in my area. I talk to my contractor that built my house and he even said that comcast was the one that laid the pipe down. I have not seen a single Tech come out yet, that's why they assumed the house was not routed yet and everytime I call "it looks like from the satellite that the tap is to far" They said it's about 200ft from my house to the tap. Is that too long? Any help would be appreciated my ticket # 1616637.
Regular Visitor

Re: To far from Tap?

I have waited the whole week and still no reply. Is anyone gonna help me please? I have measured the pipe from my house to the tap. If I use the longest route it's a little less than 200ft. But since I dont know how they routed it, it could be less to about 135ft. So I am pretty certain that it is between these 2 measurements. I have had no internet for almost 5 weeks now and it has caused a lot of problems setting things up. If someone could help I would really appreciate it.
Regular Visitor

Re: To far from Tap?

Still no reply from anyone. But I talked to my contractor for my house and he said the pipe is only 87ft to 127ft so they used the shortest route possible. Is for sure that it is less than 130ft. So please anyone HELP!!!