Community Forum

Tiling and Pixelation

Regular Visitor

Tiling and Pixelation

I have been having sustained issues with pixelation and tiling, mostly on live/ sports programming.  This has been going on for multiple months.

I have been to the local store mutiple times, swapped out cable boxes multiple times, spent lots of time on phone calls & on live chats, rebooted my cable boxes over and over.  Finally, received an email titled "We notice a potential issue with your service".  The opening line of the email says  telling me "We’ve detected a loose or damaged cable in your home".  Set up an appointment and took off work because they told me that someone over 18 had to be home.  The window for service came and went so I called to find out what happened with the appointment and was told the techican closed it because they were able to repair it from the pole outside my home.  I asked to receive some confirmation of what was done via email and was transferred to the Tracking(?) dept.  The representative on the phone told me that the ticket was closed so they couldn't tell me what had been done and it is not routine to notify the customer when the issue has been worked on outside even if there was an service appointment scheduled.

Firstly, and most importantly, there is still tiling on the live channels.  Additionally, how does it even make sense that am service appointment would be scheduled ("at no charge to me") and supposedly resolved without notification.  The email notification said an issue IN my home not on the pole.  I took time off of work for the scheduled appointment.  Frankly, the service that I have experienced so far has been far from satisfactory.

This has been going on for far too long and I have spent far too much of my time trying get this resolved.  I have a very expensive cable/internet/phone package and need know what I need to do to get this resolved now.

My frustration level has reached it's limit.

Expert

Re: Tiling and Pixelation

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Admin1

Hi mmcneish -- I reviewed your account in regards to this issue. Looks like there was a tech visit completed on 1/27. Was the tech able to help with your pixelation issue?

New Poster

I had this problem from May till October. I changed everything inside the house. They ran a new cable from the pole to the house. It started when I upgraded to X1. They even changed out the top box. Still did it. The tech then changed back to the original box. It stopped. He suggested to try the new 4k box. And if it did it, he would put the original box back in. Luckily, it hasn't done it since then. Originally, the problem was due to their upgrades at their building. They were installing new heads and didn't get to mine. When it started again, I called Corporate and got them involved. Don't be afraid to speak your mind without swearing. The tech found out that the second X1 box they put in was defective also. So now I have the newest box available and the problem is solved. Hope this helps.