Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Throttling my Internet Connection

Frequent Visitor

Throttling my Internet Connection

Why do I have to call customer service every time to have them reset my internet speed?  I have 200mbs and have seen my speed go down to 20mbs (yes 20). I call and they tell me to restart the modem which never works they tell me to hang on and all of a sudden Im back to the speed I pay for.  This is not ethical...

Expert

Re: Throttling my Internet Connection

Hagel wrote:

Why do I have to call customer service every time to have them reset my internet speed?  I have 200mbs and have seen my speed go down to 20mbs (yes 20). I call and they tell me to restart the modem which never works they tell me to hang on and all of a sudden Im back to the speed I pay for.  This is not ethical...

if you are renting a gateway/modem from Comcast you might upgrade to the latest version or a different unit if already upgraded.

Frequent Visitor

They provided me with a new modem, had a service tech come out and I got 200mbs. After a month the throttled me again.  I might have to find another provider. and file a complaint to https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Official Employee

Hagel, it sounds like there may be maintenance in the area causing your slow speeds. Please send me a private message (Click ComcastKenF and then click Private Message Me) with your phone number, account address, and full name for assistance.

New Poster

I am trying to get to the bottom of why my internet was a slow 3MB the last 4 days, and magically today its back to 150MB.  I contacted them 3 times, and got the run around, service tech to house, buy a new modem it looks like you modem is giving errors.  Now magically at 8am today its back to normal.  No one at Comcast can tell me why, so I asked for 4 days of credit to my account.  Is there anyone that can shed some light here, if there is maintance going on the techs on the phones should know.  I think what happened is them removed some bandwith cap after complaining for 3 days about it.  I also gave them "0" on the last 2 surveys, maybe this genereted some action? Not sure.   KenF@comcast, any words of wisdom?