Community Forum

This forum is hard to read, text colors, background. etc.

Regular Contributor

This forum is hard to read, text colors, background. etc.

Wo is your web designer for these forums? Ask him/her to read this post.

Comcast forums are hard to read. There is little contrast between text colors and background colors. Web design 101 says make pages easy to read. Light cored text on white backgraound makes for a bad user experience.

Thanks

.Net Programmer
Valued Contributor

Re: This forum is hard to read, text colors, background. etc.

Are you sure it isn't your settings? On multiple devices and computers I see white background with black text.

I know the page sometimes changes it's appearance randomly, even the xfinity.com main page, but it still remains black text with white background for me.
Expert

@Biff-Tannon wrote:

Wo is your web designer for these forums? Ask him/her to read this post.

Comcast forums are hard to read. There is little contrast between text colors and background colors. Web design 101 says make pages easy to read. Light cored text on white backgraound makes for a bad user experience.

Thanks

This problem has already been brought to the attention of the coders doing the new design. It should be corrected soon.

Valued Contributor

So am I viewing the old design? Also, why does it change back and forth even while I am logged in, it sometimes jumps between views?
Expert

@JLDOOBLY wrote:
So am I viewing the old design? Also, why does it change back and forth even while I am logged in, it sometimes jumps between views?

This is the new design. We have a group under "Community" bringing up all the problems we have found so far. You can check out the posts on what has been found so far.

Regular Contributor

You can find discussions of the new design at Home->Community Center->Announcements (https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Announcements/2018-Xfinity-Forum-Redesign-Feedback/td-p/3115018).

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Valued Contributor

Hmm, okay, thank you. The new view didn't look the way he described to me, maybe it was my settings