Community Forum

There is an orange cable in my front yard

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

There is an orange cable in my front yard

We had cable and internet installed at our new home (new construction) just before the start of COVID-19. The technician said they’d be back to curt the orange cable but now I can’t seem to reach anyone from Xfinity to schedule a technician to come and finish the job.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: There is an orange cable in my front yard

Greetings, @AnthonyRomano! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear that the drop has not been buried as of yet. You have come to the right place. I would like to make sure we get this line buried for you. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: There is an orange cable in my front yard

After posting on this forum over a week ago and being assured by Comcast that the orange cable across our yard would be buried the next day (which would have been last Friday), we still have an unburied cable. Two Comcast trucks came to the site last Friday, the day they were supposed to bury it, and the techinicans stayed in their trucks and did not do any work before leaving. We have not heard from Comcast since. We have to have the cable buried before we can have the lawn of our new home seeded, and now we have pushed back the seeding date over a week and counting. At this point, I don't know if we can get the lawn seeded in time for this year. Please help.