Community Forum

There has been an orange cable in my yard since last September!

Regular Visitor

There has been an orange cable in my yard since last September!

277 days and counting… Can anyone come and bury it for me? Literally anyone, because Xfinity sure isn’t going to do it.

From Xfinity's own website… “Temporary drops are usually buried by a special crew within 10 business days.”

Can anyone help me? I'm tired of calling and getting no service. I no longer know what to do!

This is how many times I tried to get Xfinity to bury my cable.
Contacts to Xfinity to solve my problem:
September 20th, 2019
September 21st, 2019
September 27th, 2019
October 1st, 2019
October 2nd, 2019
October 7th, 2019
October 9th, 2019
November 5th, 2019
November 11th, 2019
May 26, 2020
June 27th, 2020
June 30th, 2020

There were 7 new “tickets” created by Xfinity:
October 2nd, 2019
October 7th, 2019 (two tickets)
November 5th, 2019
November 11th, 2019
May 26, 2020
June 27th, 2020

Expert

Re: There has been an orange cable in my yard since last September!

@KurtNelson 

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums.  A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi @Kurt

We appreciate you for posting to the Xfinity Forum to bring this to our attention. I'd like to apologize for the delay and provide more clarity as to why this process has taken so long. Weather conditions such as snow and rain can impact the ability to mark the utilities on the ground and use equipment to bury the cable line. Depending on the weather at the time of your install, this could have been a contributing factor to the delay. 

Also, due to the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, we are experiencing delays in fulfilling drop bury requests. We currently have limited technician availability, and our first priority is E911 issues and customers with services that are all out. We will respond to all drop bury requests as soon as possible. At this time, we don't have a specific timeframe for when the orders will be completed. I'd be happy to contact your line techs to submit a request to have you drop buried at their earliest convenience. 

Please send me a private message including your first and last name and the numbers associated with your service address. To send me a private message, click on "ComcastChe" and then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

To: ComcastChe
Sent: ‎07-01-2020 03:47 PM
Read: ‎07-02-2020 12:23 PM

Thank you for responding.

I was told yesterday that a crew has been scheduled for 7-11-2020 to bury the line.

However, they will not get it right, because:
1. They do not have complete info about the job.
2. A new line needs to be installed first.
3. They did not call me to set this appointment, (as promised).
4. This has happened many, many times before.

There is currently an RG6 cable in my yard as a temporary drop. The last time it was buried, they used RG11. I would like the same quality cable used again. I also understand that it is required to be put into conduit before it is buried; is that correct?

When it gets buried, the line needs to go under a sidewalk, which I understand is fairly common. The problem is that it needs to go under the sidewalk in the same spot the existing cable runs under that sidewalk. I am concerned that if I am not there to explain this and show where the line runs underground, it could easily be hit during the burying process.

So, here is what I am looking for:
1. Replace the current RG6 temporary cable drop in my yard with a new RG11 line run from my house out to the telephone pole, (approx. 90-100 feet).
2. Have the new line be put into conduit, preferably all the way up the pole. The reason I am requesting that is because this whole thing started because a squirrel damaged the original line, half way up the pole last year. If the new line is put into conduit, it won’t happen again.
3. Bury the line properly, and not damage the line that is already in the ground.

At first glance, it may seem like I am asking for a lot. Rest assured I am only asking to have it put back the way it was in the first place, about 278 days ago.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you.

Expert

@KurtNelson 

You need to send the information @ComcastChe requested via a Private Message.  In her post she explained how to do that.  Please re-read her post and follow those directions.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.