Community Forum

There are vines and trees weighing down the cable pole line

Frequent Visitor

There are vines and trees weighing down the cable pole line

Hi.  I want to know if Comcast or the power company is the contact to have the cable lines cleared off-there are a couple of trees laying on the lines and vines tangled in them.  The poles and lines sit on an easement next to he road which isn’t our property.  I’m assuming they are cable lines but I’m not sure.  They are heavy black lines with a single silver cable.  Who can tell me where to ask for help?  The lines look stressed and it looks bad too.  Nothing is out-power or cable, but they have been like this for a really long time and no one seems to be  going to clean them off.

Thank you!

Expert

Re: There are vines and trees weighing down the cable pole line

@Mcfeely1 wrote:

Hi.  I want to know if Comcast or the power company is the contact to have the cable lines cleared off-there are a couple of trees laying on the lines and vines tangled in them.  The poles and lines sit on an easement next to he road which isn’t our property.  I’m assuming they are cable lines but I’m not sure.  They are heavy black lines with a single silver cable.  Who can tell me where to ask for help?  The lines look stressed and it looks bad too.  Nothing is out-power or cable, but they have been like this for a really long time and no one seems to be  going to clean them off.

Thank you!

I don't know about the power company but it's doubtful Comcast will do anything about it.  You might want to contact your City about it.  If it's on the easement they would be the first place to start.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Well I haven’t talked directly to the power company yet, but their forestry department left a message to call back. He mentioned that their lines are the thin high ones and the thick black lines are the cable lines. He said in our area there’s a lot of dead trees laying ON the cable lines. He said to call him back, but...it sort of sounded as if West Penn Power company has no jurisdiction in clearing the cable lines. I don’t know that for sure; however, if the electric company won’t clear the cable lines, I would have to assume that Comcast would have that responsibility. The trees are literally being supported by the cable lines and I can’t see it being good, as winter is coming with the usual ice and snow.
Expert

@Mcfeely1 wrote:
Well I haven’t talked directly to the power company yet, but their forestry department left a message to call back. He mentioned that their lines arAs I e the thin high ones and the thick black lines are the cable lines. He said in our area there’s a lot of dead trees laying ON the cable lines. He said to call him back, but...it sort of sounded as if West Penn Power company has no jurisdiction in clearing the cable lines. I don’t know that for sure; however, if the electric company won’t clear the cable lines, I would have to assume that Comcast would have that responsibility. The trees are literally being supported by the cable lines and I can’t see it being good, as winter is coming with the usual ice and snow.

As I mentioned before, Comcast doesn't do that kind of work.  Did you contact your City government to find out who can clear the tree debris?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I just contacted the power company so far. I’ll see what the power company says when I return his call. If they don’t say they’ll maintain Comcast’s lines, I’ll call our township.
Expert

@Mcfeely1 wrote:
I just contacted the power company so far. I’ll see what the power company says when I return his call. If they don’t say they’ll maintain Comcast’s lines, I’ll call our township.

You're missing the point.  It has nothing to do with the power company or with Comcast.  It has everything to do with maintaining the trees.

Frequent Visitor

Correct. And the lines have trees on them for their bucket lift trucks to raise them up and cut them off of their lines on their property. Or I can go to the road with a ladder and pull them off but if the lines come down they’ll have a nice mess to clean up. Of course trees need maintained, I’m not dumb.
Expert

Okay, I'm out.  You're obviously not understanding that Comcast doesn't do tree trimming.

This thread is locked.