Community Forum

There WAS an orange cable in my yard and you should feel bad but now I have no internet

New Poster

There WAS an orange cable in my yard and you should feel bad but now I have no internet

Had an issue with my internet so a tech comes and tells me the box is not good. He also changed the line that runs from that box to my house. I noticed it was orange and out in the open. Internet was back to normal.

Woke up next day and the internet is down. Noticed orange wire is no longer on site. I realize the is no wire at all connecting my home to the box. Call Xfinity to see why but I get an explanation that the wire was removed for safety issues and was there for the duration of 20-24 hours to test stability of the new connection.

I actually had to call in to set an appointment for the team to cone out and set up the new new line and bury it..

What I Dont understand is why I am here without internet I mean I do know why; there's no wire running to my house. But why couldn't the tech leave it until the team came to bury the new line?
Official Employee

Re: There WAS an orange cable in my yard and you should feel bad but now I have no internet

Hi S1ick1, I am showing you talked to an agent after this post and per notes this was resolved. If this is not the case and you are still without internet, please let me know.

Thank you