Community Forum

The final straw...

Highlighted
New Poster

The final straw...

I have had it with your company. <Edited> on the phone about what service you are selling me, send me a text to confirm the sale (which mind you does not show all the info that was discussed on the phone with an agent) and then when I call back to call you <Edited> you simply say "we have your signature" and or "there must have been some mis information". You all never mention the 45 day grace period at which you all can charge full monthly cost for service before auto pay & e-bill discounts kick in. This in no way validates what you all do as a company. This all started 2 months ago when i was contacted by a sales team member of your alls and told that she could get me a deal to keep me on my month to month billing cycle of $45 a month and get me over 200 mbps internet speed. I agree, she sends the text, i accept, go home, intenet is faster... I'm happy. First bill arrives... over $70 😞   i let the first one slide. second bill comes in again at $70. I call your customer service. They claim there was no such deal of course and that what i signed up for was an intenet and cable package... are you kidding me?... I have been without cable from you all for almost 2 years mind you. First person on the phone can't do anything as usual. Transfer to billing... she cancels the cable, lowers the bill and tells me she will waive all fees for a technician to visit the new location. I tell her i need to transfer service to a new location where I am moving. Go through eveything on the phone with here to make sure we are transfering service of what i have to the new address. Sends the text, i trustingly hit agree and low and behold I am signed up for a year long plan with you all. <Edited> Technician comes out last Friday to make sure eveything is fine, installs the comcast box and leaves. I receive the new bill.. back up to $70 and I'm charged for the visit another $70. Oh did you miss the part where I am on e-bill cause this bill came as a paper one in the mail? <Edited> I spend over 80 mins on the phone with 3 different agents. 1st one says she can do nothing... but tries to sell me a new plan. I tell her to forward me to Custoer Retention. Second guy is able to get my $80 refunded but informs me I am on a 12 month contract all of a sudden. He can't do anything. 3rd guy gets on the phone and does nothing but state they have my digital footprint and that I agreed to sign up for said plan. I tell him that I have been swindeled and that was not what was discussed on the phone the weekend prior. I feel I have have been taken advantage of <Edited> This is my final dealings with you Comcast. I will be looking into the other cable companies in my area for service. And no I will not be letting this contract run its course. i will happily pay whatever cancelation fee you all have to not have to deal with your company anymore. If you pull my records you will see nothing but phone calls to complain about the service you all told me you were selling me. the only good thing about comcast is the internet speeds... <Edited> I can't wait for that final pohone call that I am going to receive this month after putting my phone number on your do-not-call list. I am going to give that sales person the worst time on the phone so call me if you dare!  .... yours truly, future AT&T customer!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: The final straw...

I'm a recently divorced AT&T customer after having left Comcast's cable service for DirectTV. Don't be afraid to keep looking. And, watch out for this trick: Direct will call you if you don't have EVERYTHING, and "offer" you three free months of Showtime or HBO or whatever channels you don't have. DO NOT AGREE TO IT!!! Tell them that you don't want it. By calling you, and you saying "Okay, I'll take the free stuff, thanks," you're actually agreeing that whenever the free package ENDS, they will automatically take you OFF whatever package you were on, and apply that new channel to you. So if you were on a $70 a month package(as I was), you'll see your bill jump to $120 without a word from them.