Community Forum

The address you entered could not be recognized.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

The address you entered could not be recognized.

I'm trying to get Internet service.  When I enter my address in  https://www.xfinity.com/learn/internet-service  I get an error message: "The address you entered could not be recognized."   How do I get my address added to thedatabase?

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: The address you entered could not be recognized.

Are you in an area that has existing services?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

yes sir, about 100-200 ft away from my house all they house have xfinity. 

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

There should be a tap closer maybe that’s why you can’t add your address yet. I’ve escalated it up to an official employee to help you out

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum @Sunny2222! I can help confirm whether or not your address is serviceable. To get started, can you send a private message with your first and last name as it appears on your account?

To send a private message, click on "ComcastChe” and then click “send a message".  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I am having this exact problem at my parents house. They are on some sort of fios extra fast DSL. We want to move them over to Xfinity. Many of their neighbors seem to have Xfinity it says that their address is not recognized. this happened to a friend of mine and they had to have a tech come out which apparently took a really long time and a lot of phone calls. How can I get a tech to come out to my parents house?
Highlighted
New Poster

Hi!   Were you able to get any resolution on this.  I am having the exact same issue and can't get past the standard answer that it's not serviceable.  All my neighbors seem to have no problem with Xfinity. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Same problem here. The interesting thing is that the address autocomplete can figure out my address perfectly, yet when I check for if my address is available it errors out with the "The address you entered could not be recognized." message 

Highlighted
New Poster

I am having the same issue recently had a home built in July and finally getting ready to move in tomorrow and it says it can’t find my address neither can customer service. But there are about 20 homes in the subdivision quiet sure someone have internet with xfinity