Community Forum

The XG1-P’s fan is extremely noisy. How do I get an XG1-A? Are the rear inputs the same?

New Poster

The XG1-P’s fan is extremely noisy. How do I get an XG1-A? Are the rear inputs the same?

Just signed up for Comcast Cable TV (in addition to phones and internet). The DVR that the technician installed is VERY noisy. You can hear the fan over the audio (when the volume is set low). The box is the XG1-P. I’ve read that the XG1-A is quieter. Are the rear inputs the same? I need Optical Digital Audio (SPDIF?) output to feed my stereo system (preferably the RCA plug, not the fiber optic cable).

How do I get a quieter DVR?

Expert

Re: The XG1-P’s fan is extremely noisy. How do I get an XG1-A? Are the rear inputs the same?

@SanFranFlyFish wrote:

Just signed up for Comcast Cable TV (in addition to phones and internet). The DVR that the technician installed is VERY noisy. You can hear the fan over the audio (when the volume is set low). The box is the XG1-P. I’ve read that the XG1-A is quieter. Are the rear inputs the same? I need Optical Digital Audio (SPDIF?) output to feed my stereo system (preferably the RCA plug, not the fiber optic cable).

How do I get a quieter DVR?

the only DVR that has audio outputs and TosLink connections is the xg1 version 1. does your TV not allow audio to be delivered digitally via the HDMI cable?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.