Community Forum

The Speed of my Internet

Frequent Visitor

The Speed of my Internet

After having a Comcast Tech out to my house for the TWENTY SEVENTH time for the SAME problem, its no better than it was. I have TV, internet and phone. No problems with the TV. The internet is on the Blast tier and it NEVER reaches 100-150 Mbps speeds, or even close to it. My speed varies between 40 - 75 most of the time, BUT that is only with a modem from Comcast. Anything I purchase myself, I dont get the speed. And the phone! The phone part of the package is a joke! The connection keeps dropping! The only can to keep the phone connected is if I RENT the modem from COMCAST. If I buy one, I have nothing but problems. When the tech was last here and I decided to go back to renting one, the internet speed was FAST! Waaay over a hundred! But a day or two later, it was right back down in the 50's - 70's again. What does that tell you?

Comcast has rewired my whole house all the way past the drop wire to the pole. Sometimes when I run a speedtest, the speed goes CRAZY! The speedometer is buried at 200 and sometimes even 300 Mbps, but it never stays there. I am about two blocks from their NODE. They have given me all kinds of excuses but I dont see any permanent fixes.

I have BOUGHT a TM722, a TM822, and a CM500V because I have phone. The modems go off line and calls are dropped. BUT when I RENT a TG1682G modem/router/phone, the service is there, not close to the 100-150Mbps I am paying for and the phone so far has stayed connected. Strange I have to RENT the equipment from them to get half way decent service.

Expert

Re: The Speed of my Internet

Start here: troubleshooting guide. If you still need help, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log. Thank you!

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!