Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

The Sisyphean struggle that is the Comcast customer service experience...

New Poster

The Sisyphean struggle that is the Comcast customer service experience...

I have been a valued customer of Comcast for at least fifteen years. I have remained a customer over the years because it would seem Comcast has a monopoly on the cable/internet service provider market. Throughout my entire tenure as a customer of Comcast I have received nothing other than horrible customer service, billing issues that always seem to purposefully nickel and dime the customer by sneaking charges in here and there, and deceptive tactics making it difficult to know when my “promotional” periods have expired (leading to surprise exorbitantly higher bills). In my latest issue I was sold a package in which I was guaranteed higher MBPS Internet capacity so as to facilitate my wife’s need to work from home. They did not communicate to me the fact that most of my devices would never be able to achieve the promised data speeds. Upon attempting to resolve the issue, I was on the phone with Comcast for nearly a week, I had to go to a service center to obtain a modem that was capable of handling my “new speed” (another issue of which I was not made aware), I had to have a technician come out who then informed me that the new modem I just picked up from the service center was faulty, so he had to bring me a new one, and once I finally found out that I would never receive the speeds promised in my contract, I asked to change my plan back to the plan I had before, so as to not be charged for a service I was not receiving. Subsequently, the customer service agent who “helped” me get back to a more affordable plan with appropriate internet capabilities failed to inform me that my new plan would cause me to lose HBO, even though I asked him, “the only thing changing for me is my internet speed, correct?” To which he responded, “Yes.” That was not the case, and once again Comcast failed to uphold its “commitment” to customer appreciation and loyalty. I was finally promised a call back from a supervisor who would help me resolve my issues. I have not received a call, and the problem continues.

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

Re: The Sisyphean struggle that is the Comcast customer service experience...

schniz24 -- I am following up with you to see if the last offer I gave you would work. HBO free for 12 months and a $40.00 credit?

All Replies
Expert

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

"Keepin' it clean since '09"
I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator.
Official Employee

Hello, 

I would like to look into this for you from here. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

New Poster

Thank you for your help. I seem to be getting somewhere, but it remains to be seen...

Official Employee

Good morning, 

Thank you for letting me know and once again I apologize for the inconvenience and frustrations from this. Getting you HBO free for 12 months is not a problem at all, unfortunately, I don't have it for 24 months, or I would definitely add it. So I can add a credit of $40.00 on top of the HBO for 12 months to your account for this issue. 

Official Employee

schniz24 -- I am following up with you to see if the last offer I gave you would work. HBO free for 12 months and a $40.00 credit?