Community Forum

Thanks for the terrible customer service

New Poster

Thanks for the terrible customer service

Thanks for the terrible customer service. After 5 days I finally have internet service again, thanks largely to my own efforts. 

I was lied to twice about when a technician would arrive. I was told my modem was no good and I had to go to an xfinity store for a new one. The truth is that my modem was fine and the one they gave me was no good and wouldn't work with my router. 

The good news --- I bought my own modem (that actually works), and now I am no longer getting overcharged for that. I signed up for notifications about google fiber so that the VERY day they come to my area I will be signing up with them.

Comcast --- Your days are numbered. You have me as a captive audience but as soon as you are no longer a monopoly I will be moving my business elsewhere. I am not the only one who feels this way due to the repeated frustrations we all experience at your hands.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Thanks for the terrible customer service

KimKam...Just went and am still going through custermor service nightmare. My 2 and a half DVR year old DVR went nuts.Audio/visual issues, locking up, message 'unplug from wall' once a day. Brought it to service center. They gave me another 'refurbished' that has audio issues, and the longer the box set is on, the brghter the picture gets! So I called for another to be sent. Woman tells me it's my equipment, but after an hour of explaining, she 'gets' it and offers me free of shipping charges, new DVR. I get one that has been off the market since God knows when. (Cisco 200n) No app's, won't 'put out higher than 720p H.D, need to 'click 5 times to get to one setting. I call back, get another woman telling me, yes I'm right, this is an antique, and she doesn't know why it was sent to me....'go to service center", replace. I explain not only am I disabled and the service center is 40 mile away, and we are in the middle of a 14 inch snowstorm, In no way am I going to a service center. She says O.K., I'll send a tech...How long? Most likely 7-10 days! After another 30 mins. she promises me UPS delivery...However, after we hang up I realize she didn't get what kind of DVR needed to be replaced so that I get one that's compatible with the X-1 voice, etc. So i'm watching the Olmypics over 'local' HDTV antenna I bought for 7 bucks at the 'dollar store. It has better picture quality than Xfinity cable! Gotta look up that google thing you mentioned as when this next DVR comes (if it does) and the snow stops. I'm bringing all 3 dvrs, 6 controllers to our consumer advocate, have them break my contract, (I have been with comcast for 12 years). I just need to find a way to get internet in my rural area, but I'll tell you, DSL would be better than this Bundle deal!