Community Forum

Texting and Driving

Regular Visitor

Texting and Driving

At approximately 4pm on 1/16/18, in the area of Peotone, IL, I was behind one of your vans that was driving erratically. His speed was very inconsistent, and the vehicle was weaving all over the lane, crossing the lines on both sides multiple times. As he approached an intersection, it appeared he was going take the left turn lane (he was halfway in it) before he jerked the wheel hard and dove into the right turn lane, all without benefit of a turn signal. After rolling through a stop sign and completing a right hand turn, the vehicle continued driving as described above. As we were now on a 4 lane road, and the vehicle had slowed to 40 mph in a 55 zone, I decided to pass it. When I did, it was quite obvious that the driver staring at his lap, where he was doing something with his phone. In the 20 seconds that I was beside his vehicle, he never once looked up at the road, nor did he appear to notice my presence. Beyond the fact that it was a marked, white Comcast van, the only identification I had the opportunity to get was the vehicle number on the 'How's my driving' sticker: 719 NV

Expert

Re: Texting and Driving

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Hi @lt805. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I can assist with getting this driver feedback report submitted for you. We want to investigate this further. We train our drivers to drive safely, and we want to make sure all our drivers are driving carefully at all times. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can submit the feedback.

Regular Visitor

Please explain to me exactly what my service address and account number has to do with reporting one of your employees operating a company vehicle in a reckless and illegal manner?  Suffice it to say I am a Comcast customer, but that is entirely irrelevant to this situation.  Had I not been driving, I would have written down the 800 number and called it, but getting the vehicle number was the best I could manage at the time.

Admin1

Hi lt805 -- Your account information will not be necessary. I have forwarded your concern to local tech ops leadership for review. Thank you for the information provided about what the driver was doing and an identifying piece of information. This is much appreciated.