Community Forum

Text Received

Highlighted
New Poster

Text Received

the text below was sent to my husbands phone.  His  phone number is not on my account, and we are set up on autopay? Anyone else get this message? 

"Xfinity: Your account will soon be transferred to the Xfinity Assistance Plan until at least June 30, 2020. Internet won't be disconnected, & you won't accrue large unpaid balances. The temporary plan includes Internet at 25Mbps for $14.95/mo. Xfinity TV will be suspended. Other Xfinity services will continue but may be diminished. Your current Xfinity services will be restored when your balance becomes current. Please pay using My Account https://xfinity.com/myaccount
Txt help or stop " 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Text Received

The poor grammar leads me to believe that it's a phishing spam text. You can log in to your account directly and make sure your balance is current. Don't use the link in the email as it might lead to a site that isn't Xfinity's.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Tags (3)