Community Forum

Terrible experience with customer service and internet speeds, just trying to get help.

New Poster

Terrible experience with customer service and internet speeds, just trying to get help.

Hello, 

I am going to do my best to refrain from ranting, but this has become a nightmare in terms of customer support over the course of several months so i am going to do my best to break it down in a way that makes sense. 

This all started when my wife and I moved to a location that provides Gig speed Internet. To say that we were excited is an understatement as we are both gamers and i work from home occasionally and rely on a consistent Internet speed to do my job. So when we initially contacted Comcast in order to set up the service and were promised download speeds of 900Mbps, we were both super excited by the prospect. 

After the installation we ran some speedtests on various platforms and we were a bit let down, download speed was jumping between 20mbps and 400Mbps. With this we contacted customer support and they said that they would take care of it. We went through all the troubleshooting steps and at some point they declared that the maximum possible speed available on a 5GHz network was 150Mbps.. this is false. Its not just a little false, but rather completely and undeniably false. So we called back and we explained the situation to the new person on the phone and they assured us it would be resolved, they apologized for the prior rep for lying to us, escalated our case to "Corprate Support" and told us not to pay our bill until the issue was resolved. They sent out another tech to take a look at our network and he decided to replace our modem/router combo to try to fix the issue. This did not help so my wife called again the next day and left a voicemail. And then again, and then again, and so on and so on. 

So here we are, 7 months later paying for gig internetand only getting 10Mbps-150Mbps download speeds. I have tried to contact Comcast support via twitter and have gotten no reply, i have tried to use the Comcast online chat and that system is just broken (it asks for a phone number when there is no phone number field on the page). All in all, i just want the Internet service that i pay for. The fact that this requires tens of hours of work on my part to resolve an issue with their service is mind boggling. 

Sorry for the rant, but please just give me the service i pay for. 

-James