Community Forum

Terrible customer service

Highlighted
New Poster

Terrible customer service

I upgraded my home service to the blast and included with the order upgrading to the top of the line modem for an additional 25 a month. Xfinity installed the internet out side today and left a little bag with a coaxial cable  and ethernet  cable. I cannot contact anyone in customer service to resolve. They do not answer their phones, web chat, or even have a email I can contact. So I am paying for fast internet I cannot use. Worse service ever. They completely botched the install and have no way for me to contact anyone. So I will make a post on here every day until they resolve my issue. #terribleservice

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Terrible customer service

I'm seeing a similar issue and I can't reach anyone in Technical Support. The phone tree says a modem health check is necessary and then once I do it, it forces me to call back and won't ever let me out of that phone tree to talk to an actual person. The voice prompt woman says the health check is not done, despite it having finished many minutes ago. There is no escape from this and if you don’t do the health check, the only other options are WiFI Password, or Email. If you try to choose Email, you get two prompts about your username or your password. When I say: "Agent" I get a message that says, "we're sorry but an agent won’t be able to help youj until your health check is done."

I'm attempting to contact Technical Support about an internet outage that occurs daily with the new XFi box we were told we had to upgrade to in order to get unlimited data. We were regularly going over out monthly data total so, this was the best answer.  

When the techs came out, the same problem came up that we didn’t have enough signal from the satellite in the hallway of our building so, after several visits and a two-tech visit where they replaced my feed from the box and ran a new line into the apartment, we were able to get a really good signal from the satellite box.

With the old, low signal cable connection, we had very consistent internet service for years with a modem I owned. Now, I'm paying again for a monthly modem (the XFi box) but that was a requirement to get unlimited data.

Since they left with the Xfi box installed, I was unable to get the XFi to work in bridge mode, so, I decided to use the XFi box as a replacement for my Apple Airport Extreme router/splitter and use the XFi device for all wireless and wired connections we use here. Since making this change, once, and sometimes twice a day, the internet connection resets mid-stream of a show we’re watching on Hulu, Netflix or HBOGo and we have to wait for the XFi box to restart. This typically takes about  five minutes and then it all works fine again. Since April 1st, this reset has happened almost once, and sometimes twice a day (we don 't always watch internet shows all day so, the data for connections lost could be worse if we were connected 24 hours a day, several days a week).

I started documenting when we saw the XFi Router/modem box connection lost issues on a daily (sometimes twice daily) basis and here's what that data looks like since April 1st:

Internet disconnect log dates and times:

April 1st, 2020: 2:08 AM

April 2nd, 2020 12:55 AM

April 2nd, 2020, 12:57 AM

April 3rd, 2020, 3:56 AM

April 3rd, 2020, 5:46 PM

April 5th, 2020, 6:03 AM

April 10th, 2020, 11:35 PM

April 10th, 2020, 3:59 AM

April 11th, 2020, 9:16 PM

April 11th, 2020, 9:18 PM

April 12th, 2020, 11:49 AM

April 13th, 2020, 12:29 AM

April 13th, 2020, 6:19 AM

April 14th, 2020, 2:32 PM

April 14th, 2020, 8:58 AM

April 19th, 202, 2:26 PM

April 20th, 2020, 6:38 PM

April 20th, 2020, 8:38 PM

April 21st, 2020, 6:01 PM

Aril 21st, 2020, 8:00 PM

This is much worse than our service ever was with the old, lower signal to noise line we had for over 15 years with Comcast. Again we were told that signal level was too low to run TV and internet, or the XFI modem/router at our place, according to the techs who visited the house. We replaced that line with a van new one and it was tested at a much higher level than the previous line was performing at but we were never seeing these connectivity issues with the older line and my personal modem.

I would love to get a replacement XFi to see if that helps but I can't get anyone on the phone due to the broken phone tree that won;t let me talk to an agent without running a health check that then never ends so that I can talk to someone about the intermittent connections issues listed above. This is literally a nightmare. Thoughts on what I should do here? The main issues here are 1) The phone tree is frustratingly broken and needs to get fixed. 2) Our Xfi box is losing it’s connection almost daily an 3) I can’t find a away to contact anyone for assistance with these issues.