Community Forum

Terrible customer service just for buying a package

New Poster

Terrible customer service just for buying a package

On the website - I selected a phone+internet package for $50/mo. Gave my credit card and got order confirmation number on the website. Website said cost is $53/mo (self-install, no onetime setup fee, etc).

For some reason someone from xfinity called me. I was like why are you wasting my time and your time. I filled all the info on the website and submitted my request. Just follow the order, send me the stuff and let me get started. Why are we going through the order setup again?

Anyway after no good answer to this - they went through creating the order again. Same questions - didn't seem they could even see my order that I had entered. But added $30 one time charge. After pushing back they waived it. And added $3.50/mo for visual voice mail. I didn't want it. The internet order never showed this charge. The agent said it was needed for visually impaired folks. I was like - first I heard of this. No one charges this. They said this is a regulation. Really?

Then after all was done - they said I can't self install. They need to send someone. I said if that was the case why did your internet setup show me self install was possible. No answer. Then they said oh my department can't handle this order. It is too complex - let me send you back to customer service.

I was like - you just wasted 30mins of mine for an order I had fully entered online. And now you send me back to main 800 number where I have to wait hours to get someone to understand and go through the whole info again. This was nuts.

And all I was trying to do was to be a customer and buy a straightforward package. It can't be that hard. Wonder what happens when I am actually a customer - is the service really that bad and are their systems so broken?

Valued Contributor

Re: Terrible customer service just for buying a package

Two reasons, the website is giving everyone issues if you look on this forum, you will notice that. 2) The likely reason they called you is BECAUSE of the website, in error, asked if you wanted to self install. Phone service often creates issues with self installing service. You are upset because they tried to correct your order and personally called to assist you? I would be happy they tried to fix my order for me, rather than later find out about it.
New Poster

Well 2 problems:

- Website is broken - why? they should fix it when it is a problem seen by so many folks. If they know you can't do self install with phone then don't give it as an option. Total amateur hour in their systems

- They didn't fix this for me. They said can't fix - go back and stand in line for customer service for 1 hr. Still no fix.

This is third time I am trying to setup. Why can't they just make it simple.

Valued Contributor

I am not an employee or webmaster, so I won't pretend to answer those questions. It usually is simple, and if you are still trying to do a self install at this point, you are likely wasting your time. Just have the technician come install it for you. There should be no issues with ordering a tech to do this job.