Community Forum

Terrible Comcast Customer Service (Again)

Frequent Visitor

Terrible Comcast Customer Service (Again)

My wife has had the same Comcast email account for 21 years.

It stopped working on Sunday afternoon 12/17/2017.

After speaking with 7 different customers representatives and after wasting many hours on hold, we seem to have learned the following :

o Her email was transferred to a person named Anna Flores in Oregon.

o Anna Flores now owns my wife's email account and my wife will not get her account back without the explicit permission of Ms. Flores.

o Comcast does not know how or why the email account was transferred to Ms. Flores.

o Comcast said they "will get back to you".

Frequent Visitor

Re: Terrible Comcast Customer Service (Again)

Day 2

As expected, Comcast did not "get back to you".

We remain without our 21-year email account, with little hope of receiving any help from Comcast.

Another long ahead day on the phone with Comcast, certain to be yet again put on hold for long stretches while listening to the annoying voice saying, "at Comcast, your phone call is very important to us".

Frequent Visitor

Spoke with Comcast representative "Charley" this morning.

According to Charley, he could not be of assistance because someone else's name is on our 21-year old email account. Duh!! THAT'S THE PROBLEM.

Charley further claimed he was the highest level person authorized to discuss this issue.

Charley refused to transfer me to either his supervior or to another Comcast representative.

Effectively, Charley told us to go jump in a lake.

Frequent Visitor

Filed complaints this morning against Comcast with the FCC and the BBB.

Frequent Visitor

Comcast continues to refuse to help resolve this problem.

But fortunately, Comcast just emailed me :

"You just earned a new badge!"

"Conversation Starter"

"You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!"

No, thank you Comcast (for nothing).

Expert
Moved:

Your post has been removed to a secure, hidden area for violating Forum Guidelines [off topic]. If you are not familiar with the Guidelines you may review them here.

New Poster

(mjn717)

Next I tried the online chat - after 30 minutes, the guy gave up but did give me a new phone number I hadn't yet tried.

And the guy who answered assured me he could solve the problem!

HURRRAHHH!!!

Except he couldn't.

So instead he gave me a phone number.

It's the same phone number I've been calling since yesterday.

New Poster

Because we are receiving no help from Comcast, we paid $99 to TechWhiz.com to take a look.

Almost immediately, they determined that between 1:47pm and 2:28pm on Sunday 12/17 someone (not us) changed the password on my wife's email and took possession of her account.

We called Comcast (yet) again and explained this to them.

We were told someone will get back to us within 3 days.

Expert

mjn717 wrote:

Filed complaints this morning against Comcast with the FCC and the BBB.

Since you have filed with the FCC there isn't anything we can do in the Forums to help you  You will have to wait until an agent gets in contact with you.

Sorry.

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert
Moved:

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines.

Expert

Sorry about your issue, that must be incredibly frustrating. Unfortunately, like @Again already said, once you file an FCC complaint, it will be addressed through that channel only.  

I am a volunteer Expert/Moderator, not an employee.

New Poster

"Since you have filed with the FCC there isn't anything we can do in the Forums to help you"

Receiving zero help from a non-Comcast employee moderator in "the Forums" doubles the amount of help we have received from all Comcast employees combined.

New Poster

"You will have to wait until an agent gets in contact with you."

Day 3

As expected, Comcast has not contacted us.

It is beginning to dawn on us, that nobody from Comcast will ever contact us ("the check is in the mail").

We seem to believe Comcast is just waiting for us to get tired of calling them, tired of waiting on hold, tired of being transferred, tired of telling the same story over and over and over, tired of the lies.

It appears Comcast's strategy is to wait until we go away and stop bothering them.

New Poster

We ((very)naively) assumed that because we are such long-time customers, Comcast's mishandling of our email would be a high priority item.

Just the opposite seems to be true.

From the bored, disinterested attitude of the Comcast employees with whom we have communicated, we are concluding that Comcast must regularly mishandle email accounts.

We conclude that our situation is so normal, so common, so everyday-ish that Comcast can effectively tell us to take a number, go sit in the corner and wait until we get around to you.

New Poster

(Wow, just noticed how heavily edited/deleted this thread is)

Expert

marknicholson1 wrote:

"Since you have filed with the FCC there isn't anything we can do in the Forums to help you"

Receiving zero help from a non-Comcast employee moderator in "the Forums" doubles the amount of help we have received from all Comcast employees combined.

We can't help you because we have no access to your information.  But, stating it yet again, no one here in the Forums can help you because you filed with the FCC.  You will have to wait until an agent contacts you, which won't be through this Forum.

As for the deletions, posts were removed that were off topic  [not relating to your issue], keeping your issue in the forefront.

And, FWIW, please continue with one username in the forums.

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

"We can't help you because we have no access to your information."

Good Lord, do you really believe I've posted on here to get your help?

I've posted here so other people can be made aware of the punishing ordeal involved in trying to get Comcast to correct their mistakes.

New Poster

"You will have to wait until an agent contacts you"

Yes, I believe I have heard this line once or twice or four hundred times.

Not holding my breath it will ever happen.

Expert
Moved:

Your post has been removed to a secure, hidden area for violating Forum Guidelines [inflammatory]. If you are not familiar with the Guidelines you may review them here. http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/td-p/2618379

Administrator

@mjn717 my recommendation would be to check with our security team. In order to transfer a user from one account to another there is a high level of security and requires both parties to agree to the transfer. Which means that someone might have pretended to be your wife to make this happen, which I would also recomend putting in a fraud claim. 

However there is a way this could have happened without needing both parties to agree, and that is if you at any point transfer to a new address and not all emails were moved. When an email becomes inactive it can go back to a pool of available emails, however this does not happen as often now since users are able to keep their email even after they cancel their services in some areas. Either way, the best course of action is to speak to a security team member to asure none of the personal information was compromised. 

You can call them at 888-565-4329

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.