Community Forum

Termination fee

New Poster

Termination fee

aMy mother has been a Comcast customer for decades. She now has Alzheimer's and I moved in with her to to help. We had to cancel her service and transfer mine because I was told there cannot be 2 accounts at the same address. It was better to have the bill in my name and no point of having two accounts.  Now she is being charged a termination fee $230??  She has always paid her bill on time.   It's not as if she is trying to get out of paying for her service.  We would still have Comcast.  This was an unexpected occurrence and Comcast is going to to charge an elderly loyal customer a termination fee? I have 30 days to cancel my account which will give me plenty of time to find a more affordable and maybe more appreciative provider.

Official Employee

Re: Termination fee

Hello Satchi1. I can assist with reviewing the Early Termination Fees your mother has been billed for. You must be listed on her account as an authorized person in order for me to discuss her account with you. Please send me a private message and include your full name, her full name, the service address, and her account number so I can assist you.