Community Forum

Temporary line for 3.5 months. Can't get help.

Regular Visitor

Temporary line for 3.5 months. Can't get help.

3.5 months I have had a temporary line running through my yard on the ground. I used chat help and was routed to a support team of some type. I am told by the support person "Our department can't tell you anything about the installation because its in construction and we can't do anything to help". They tell me to call construction and they give me another phone number. The number given is just the outside support line again. I call support and ask for the construction team. The support person laughs and says "We don't have a construction team". I explain how I got to him and the support person answering gets upset someone else did not do their job. He says he will send a technican. I explain that if they send a technician the process dead ends and I go back to the beginning because the tecnician can't do the install. The cable needs to be burried. I was assured a technician would come and and do a permanent line. I took off work to wait for the installers.

A local office calls during the appointment time and someone says its been submitted to construction and assures me construction will call and email within 24 hours to explain status. The caller sounds incredulous that no one has ever contacted us since November ( its now February).  The local office assures us construction will call in 24 hours. No one from construction called or emailed.  Now what do I do?

I just want to understand the status and avoid someone getting hurt on the temporary line running across my yard. It's dangerous.

Expert

Re: Temporary line for 3.5 months. Can't get help.

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Hi joesavarese,  I will gladly review this further for you and forward to the appropriate team accordingly. Could you please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number).

Thank you

Official Employee

Hi Joesavarese, thank you for working with me via private message and please reach out if you have any questions in the future.

Thank you