Community Forum

Technical support told me Wrong! to Enable DMZ

New Poster

Technical support told me Wrong! to Enable DMZ

I have been having issues with my internet since I had it activated. Multiple calls to tech support techs at the house. Anyway, one lady was running me through trouble shooting and asked if my dmz was enabled (having connection problems and errors on my game console also). I told her "no" it is disabled. She told me that was probably my problem because DMZ is supposed to be enabled by default. So I did what she said and now not only do I still have bad internet, my computer is going to have to be fixed by a professional (cost $) and my bank account was charged from unknown places. Basically I got hacked and my identity was stolen and I had to close everything. I am paying for service that doesn't work properly and support that doesn't know what they are doing. Lost money, accounts, and my computer because of Comcast support tech. I thought about if I should really try and see if they will help me in any way but you know that will only involve me doing a bunch of work and time to prove this and a lot of work on my part <Edited>. May as well just flush all my $ down the toilet.