Community Forum

Tech was a no-show earlier today and never bothered to call

New Poster

Tech was a no-show earlier today and never bothered to call

Hi,

Last week, I received numerous unwanted calls from Comcast, including a call while I was at work (trying to work) on 12/26, and a total of 3 calls on 12/28 (including an unwanted voicemail; plus an actual phone call I made in an effort to get Comcast to leave me alone and stop calling my phone; plus a second, redundant call from Comast after I had already spent half an hour on the phone with a rep supposedly getting everything sorted out). I did not appreciate Comcast repeatedly calling my phone, leaving voicemails, and generally bothering me during and after work multiple days in a row. The constant barrage of calls and voicemails felt harassing and unwelcome.

Needless to say, on the 2nd call of 12/28/17, the rep told me Comcast "had" to send a technician to my home because of "an open work order." I told the tech that my service seemed fine and asked if this was really necessary. She told me I had no choice, as if I did not agree my "Internet service would probably slow down." 

Even though this was not a good week, I gave in and made an (unwanted) appointment for earlier today (12/31/17). The tech was supposed to show up between 2 and 4pm. 

I structured my entire day around this appointment---an appointment I had felt forced to make and didn't want in the first place.

And guess what?

The tech never called and never showed up.

We attempted to call Comcast at around 4:15pm. We got a voicemail saying the offices were closed for the holiday. 

In general, every aspect of this is terrible customer service. We would like to be compensated by Comcast for our wasted time and for the disrespect we received by a.) being forced into an appointment we didn't want during a holiday weekend and then b.) having the tech not even bother to call or show up for the appointment.

Thanks.

Official Employee

Re: Tech was a no-show earlier today and never bothered to call

Hello packedby776, I can assist you with getting a tech back out to look into your service issue for you and I can apply our $20.00 appointment guarantee credit to your account for your missed appointment. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?