Community Forum

Talking to human in the USA....

Highlighted
New Poster

Talking to human in the USA....

I want to be serviced by a person located in the country in which I reside....Called 4 times yesterday and ALL calls were routed to a distant land.... English was 2nd....maybe 3rd language.....

I came back to Michigan in mid march trying to avoid Covid explosion in Florida...Went in my local Comcast store and told sales person I only wanted internet and was told aprox $50 month. While he was preparing the account, I decided to add minium TV stations ( due to Covid lockdown I paid for 3 months for a TV box that wasn't compatable with a Vizio smart TV....never thought to ask the guy)....Was not able to return TV box until 7/14/20...... 

To add to the problem....I got an Email yesterday that said I was at 75% of data useage....The day he singed me up....NO mentoin of data limits.....he just assured me that the speed was more than enough for my Ebay needs....yesterday, I went to my account....and discover I'm still being charged for the TV box retorned 7/14/20 and I'm tied to a 1 year contract with $110 early termination fee.....WHAT...... I'm only in Michigan 3-4 months a year....Why would I aggree to that???? Now I'm trying to see why I still being overcharged....And how I got tied into a contract???? ( My Exfinity acc in Florida just requires return of equiptment and pay your bill.....easy-peasy.....)

Now....instead of talking to service rep who's 1st language in English.....If talked to India 3 times( If I understood this 1st rep correctly.....VERY heavy accent........he said I'm still being charged because I didn't call in AFTER I returned the box.....WHAT?????).... and the Carribean 1 time....I want to talk to the office in my home town.....What can I do??

Thanks

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Talking to human in the USA....

If you want to talk to somebody in the office of your hometown, you need to go to the Xfinity Store in your hometown, when it’s safe to do so.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Talking to human in the USA....

What's the regular price of your plan?  You might be saving enough each month that it was worth it to get the contract and pay the ETF anyway.  By default, pretty much everyone gets a new customer discount along with a 1 or 2 year contract. 

You can check the regular price here:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/rate-card/