Community Forum

TV went out about an hour ago.

Frequent Visitor

TV went out about an hour ago.

I live in Arlington, Virginia.  Can Comcast fix this problem so that the TV is working by the time I get up in the morning?  Talking with a tech person a few minutes ago was useless and a waste of my time.

Official Employee

Re: TV went out about an hour ago.

Hello greenblue, I show your issue has been cleared up. Please feel free to reach back out to me here if you need any further assistance. 

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the response.

Yes, by the time I woke up this morning, the TV was working.

But -- here's the problem.  And, it's so frustrating, because it's been like this for years.

Every customer service person INSISTS that the problem is in my home -- and not an area problem.  (This happened a few months ago, so on the advice of the agent, I scheduled a home visit -- only to go downstairs and discover a bunch of my neighbors also experiencing a Comcast outage!)

Last night, she kept repeating:  "I don't show an outage in your area."  Over and over again, when I disagreed with her and told her that my experience has been that whenever a customer service person makes that claim, he/she is ALWAYS wrong.

So, what can be done to get current information on the screens of customer service reps?

Does Comcast have any comprehension of how frustrating it is for customers to ALWAYS receive wrong information whenever they talk to an agent?  I repeat:  Why don't they have current/accurate information on their screens?

Official Employee

I am glad your services have been restored, and I understand that service issues aren't the most pleasant to deal with. The system can take up to 4 four hours to update for us, so if the system hasn't updated then the representative will not be able to see you're having problems. You can check your "My Account" app and it will tell you if your equipment is offline or if there is an event in the area impacting your services. Unfortunately we don't get compensation for frustrations, but we do compensate for time spent without service if you're without service for a day or more. 

Frequent Visitor

Recommendation:

Rather than insist that there is no outage in a customer's area, customer service agents should inform customers that the information on their screens may not be up-to-date, that they may not be aware of an outage at the time of the call because the system may take as long as 4 hours to update!

Comcast would have a lot fewer dissatisfied customers if those customers were given correct information.  How difficult could that be for Comcast to figure out?