Community Forum

TV offline

Highlighted
New Poster

TV offline

I am asking for my mother which is 77 years old she obviously does not know how to work forums and online questionnaires and whatnot. She has been without a television for approximately a week because all of a sudden one day it went offline. She turns the television on now and it says welcome something something something I'm not sure of the correct wording. Nothing can be done from that screen. She called spoke with a representative representative told her that she would need to send somebody out in order to fix it. That will not take place during this covid 19 quarantine. I'm wanting to know if there's anything that somebody can help me with in order to help her get her television back on. It almost doesn't seem business savvy to conduct your business in such a manner. I understand the quarantine and staying safe but guidelines should have already been in place for these emergency type situations. And because of that she is without a television and continuing to pay the bill. Can somebody help me?
Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: TV offline

@Msmazzymay6 wrote:
I am asking for my mother which is 77 years old she obviously does not know how to work forums and online questionnaires and whatnot. She has been without a television for approximately a week because all of a sudden one day it went offline. She turns the television on now and it says welcome something something something I'm not sure of the correct wording. Nothing can be done from that screen. She called spoke with a representative representative told her that she would need to send somebody out in order to fix it. That will not take place during this covid 19 quarantine. I'm wanting to know if there's anything that somebody can help me with in order to help her get her television back on. It almost doesn't seem business savvy to conduct your business in such a manner. I understand the quarantine and staying safe but guidelines should have already been in place for these emergency type situations. And because of that she is without a television and continuing to pay the bill. Can somebody help me?

Sounds like the TV Box may have restarted and is stuck.  Can someone power cycle (remove the power cord and reinsert) to see if it starts up properly?  It may need to be replaced if it remains stuck on the 'Welcome Bienvienue...' output.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Highlighted
Expert

Re: TV offline

adding... does she have internet and TV from Xfinity/Comcast too? if so, does her internet and internet wifi work?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!