Community Forum

TV Japan in HD

Regular Visitor

TV Japan in HD

Hoping to get some momentum. People have to pay $25.99 per month to view a "premium" channel in SD. It makes absolutely no sense that Comcast cannot broadcast TV Japan in HD when their competitors already have this available.  Please Comcast, revisit this and upgrade to the 21st century!

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: TV Japan in HD

Yes please.   

When can we expect this to happen?

New Poster

Re: TV Japan in HD

I have been experiencing difficulties with TV Japan and COMCAST in that recordings quite often were incomplete; sometimes 5-minutes recording of a 1-hour show. Very, very frustrating. It has taken 1-month, 3 visits and many, many frustrating phone calls repeating over and over again with no resolution to be finally told on Thursday during a tech visit that it is a known problem nationally! Unbelievable!  And...COMCAST tried to charge me $70 for one of those earlier visits! Incredible! I did get that changed but....WOW!

So, my TV Japan HD channel is 3180, regular channel is 245. Channel 3180 will not tune in on the main Xfinity box (spins and spins until the error message pops up) but it WILL tune in on the two aux boxes. It is not supposed to work like that as Im told as all tuners are with the main box....not sure what’s up...but the tech left saying it’s a national problem. 

Is anyone else experiencing this same thing where you can’t get the HD channel to tune in on the main box, it works on the aux boxes, but the regular TV Japan channel does work on all of them as well? Guess I should also ask about the recording problem too. Anyone having issues with that too?

i feel like I’m being gaffer off by COMCAST, even though they have financially compensated me for TV Japan not working properly.